- Close to SLU and WashU
- Good price
- Adequate washers/dryers take credit/debit and are reasonably priced and well-maintained.
- Walking distance to Schnucks, Straubs, Whole Foods, Shake Shack, and 5 Guys. Long walk or short drive to Forest Park.
- Pet friendly. Lots of dog owners live here.
- In the summer, expect to be hot. In winter, the heaters are manually controlled, so management has to come to the building and turn everyones heat on. Lower floors complain about needing A/C all winter because its still too hot, while upper floors complain about below 60F temps half the year.
- NO DISHWASHER OR SINK DISPOSAL, and not much kitchen storage or counter space.
- Its been under construction for a year and a half, and renovations are still not close to done.
- Elevators. The doors are manual open (not disability or senior friendly at all), and you can only give them one command at a time. These break a lot.
- Water: The building has lead pipes, and hot water runs out on upper floors.
- STLCityWide/Asprient has a BAD reputation, but the staff at the Ellsworth have been great to work with. Senior management just changed, though. Also, they have a habit of making major changes with minimal warning. We just bought the building and all of your leases. You all need renters insurance effective immediately. Weve changed the name from Ellsworth to Raphael.
- Garage: Essential for this part of town (very hard to get street parking). Most spots are wide enough, though its hard to turn around in the narrow aisle. Expect to fight maintenance or renovations vehicles for spots if your spot is near the apartment door. Also, maintenance likes to smoke in the garage and will store their crap in unused stalls, and renovations occasionally props the lift-up garage door open.
- The concrete walls keep you from hearing neighbors but conduct all the noise from renovations. I can hear traffic noises from the upper floors.
It was a great experience even though we did not rent from them. He answered his phone calls and emails. I must have called/emailed 50 different places and nobody would get back with me.
They did not concact me back.
The incredible Raphael is a brand new historic renovation in St. Louis's charming Central West End. Located near Wash U, Wash U Med, SLU, BJC, and Forest Park. The stunning newly paved & landscaped entryway welcomes you home while the gorgeous lobby & hallway updates combine classic charm with modern features to transform the interior into an unforgettable gem. The Ellsworth offers brand newly renovated studio and one bedroom apartments that feature nine-foot ceilings, new windows, beautifully updated kitchens, quartz countertops, custom cabinets, tile backsplash, stainless steel appliances, and charming built-ins. Appreciate the convenience of the large laundry facility and on-site commercial corridor with a full-service Market, Restaurant, Salon, Dry Cleaner, and Pharmacy. The building is complete with natural, hardwood flooring, Mediterranean archways throughout, and spectacular views overlooking the historic and vibrant Central West End as well as the beautiful and iconic St. Louis skyline! All of your utilities are included! You will love strolling to fine restaurants, galleries, cinemas, arts and entertainment in the architectural beauty and friendly atmosphere of the Central West End--your new neighborhood! Make The Raphael your new home!
Washington University , St. Louis University , Barnes Jewish Hospital , Mercy Healthcare , SSM Health , Anheuser-Busch , So much more!
6-Month, 7-Month, 8-Month, 9-Month, 10-Month, 11-Month, 12-Month, 13-Month, 14-Month, 15-Month, 16-Month, 17-Month, 18-Month, 19-Month, 20-Month, 21-Month, 22-Month, 23-Month, 24-Month
© 2020 RentPath, LLC. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath, LLC. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath, LLC or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.