I have lived here for 2 years and this place has gone through a complete turn around. It makes living in River Market that much better!
I am a current resident and have lived here for 3 plus years. I absolutely love my loft and the location is perfect! You have easy access to the City Market Area, which has so many things to do. I have a a big puppy and they have no breed restriction (which is really hard to find). In addition to the multiple parks/dog parks around. I highly recommend this location!
KC Loftspace's Managment is horrible. (they fired and rehired multiple managers and employees in the 12 months I was a tenant there)
I had 3 different friends tell me that they wanted to move into the Opera House Lofts. I told them to look other places because of how terrible the management is.
They took a month to replace a washing machine.
They took 9 months to fix broken equipment in the "gym"
They took our $250 deposite and wont return any of it because a door was broken that I requested to be fixed when I moved in and it never was fixed. (so I guess it come out of my pocket)
They wont return any of my calls and currently wont answer my phone calls.
Fair warning to anyone looking for an appartment. If it is managed by KC Loftspace... DO NOT LIVE THERE!
I DO NOT RENT FROM THIS LEASING COMPANY! Here are a list of issues that you will end up dealing with. Mind you this is all within 2-3 months.
- Poor response time.
- Leasing documents sent out at last minute after being promised to be sent to you. Regardless if you're driving out of state to the Kansas City area.
- Had to ask for leasing documents while on the road. Which is hard to review any sort of contracts. They will scam you. See next line item.
- They'll tell you in person that you can buy out at 1.5 times the rent which is reasonable but it's actually 2.5 times your rent plus the current months.
- Multiple maintenance issues such. Do expect them to check over everything. You will just have to find out for yourself and take time out of your schedule to have them fix it.
-Promised new flooring not completed. Property manager didn't check until 3 hours before we were to move in.
- Carpet was supposed to be cleaned and there was paint spots everywhere. Was told we can hire someone to clean them but no place to put a full bedroom set.
- Heat did not work on the coldest days of the year. Had to use space heaters for 3 days.
- The gym always smells and it's dirty. No disinfecting products to clean equipment when your done.
- They claim this is a smoke free building yet they let tenants smoke weed that fills the hallways and your apartment with the smell.
- Broke faucets, dishwashers barely work, constant running toilet and very hard unsafe slamming doors.
- Also don't forget the very drafty leaky windows that will run up your electric bill in the winter months.
My suggestion is you're better off finding a better owned and operated facility to avoid the headaches and being scammed.
LIVE in downtown Kansas City. RELAX within the walls of your urban loft and feed off the energy of the city...at your doorstep. WORK from your loft or walk to your downtown office. PLAY on a trampoline...in your living room. Practice guitar in the park. SPLURGE on a larger than life piece of art...(or create your own).
3-Month, 6-Month, 12-Month, 18-Month, 24-Month
© 2020 RentPath, LLC. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath, LLC. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath, LLC or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.