AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
Jackson Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning in Jackson
- Apartments with Balcony in Jackson
- Apartments with Disability Access in Jackson
- Apartments with Elevator in Jackson
- Apartments with Extra Storage in Jackson
- Apartments with Fiber Internet in Jackson
- Apartments with Fireplace in Jackson
- Apartments with Fitness Center in Jackson
- Apartments with Garage in Jackson
- Apartments with Gated Access in Jackson
- Apartments with Laundry Facility in Jackson
- Apartments with Swimming Pool in Jackson
- Apartments with Utilities Included in Jackson
- Apartments with Virtual Tours in Jackson
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer Connections in Jackson
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit in Jackson
- Furnished Available Apartments in Jackson
- Jackson Apartment Deals
- Apartments with under $1000 in Jackson
- Apartments with under $1100 in Jackson
- Apartments with under $1200 in Jackson
- Apartments with under $1300 in Jackson
- Apartments with under $1400 in Jackson
- Apartments with under $1500 in Jackson
- Apartments with under $2000 in Jackson
- Apartments with under $500 in Jackson
- Apartments with under $600 in Jackson
- Apartments with under $700 in Jackson
- Apartments with under $800 in Jackson
- Apartments with under $900 in Jackson
Apartments Near Jackson
Living In Jackson, MS
EVERYTHING TO KNOW ABOUT RENTING AN APARTMENT IN JACKSON, MS
Jackson is the capital of Mississippi yet it feels more like a relaxed town than a bustling city. That’s not to say that there’s nothing to do here or that you’ll find it difficult to find apartments for rent in Jackson. Quite the contrary! Jackson has plenty of amenities - as well as natural beauty - that will make anyone want to call this city home.
THE BEST NEIGHBORHOODS TO FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN JACKSON
Jackson is an ideal city to live in if you’re a student of the University of Mississippi because it’s easy to navigate and affordable. This city and its surrounding neighborhoods are also some of the best places for veterans to live since Jackson is home to the GV Sonny Montgomery VA Medical Center. If you’re looking for work in the healthcare industry, you’ll find a number of options, including the Methodist Rehabilitation Center and Brentwood Behavioral Health of Mississippi.
Which neighborhoods have the best apartments for rent in Jackson? Here are our top picks.
- Belhaven: Residents give this neighborhood a score of eight out of 10 stars for affordability, employment opportunities, amenities and safety. It ranks better than nearly 70 percent of the neighborhoods in the state. Crime is also down two percent in the last year.
- Belhaven Heights: This neighborhood is a historical district with fewer than 1,000 residents. The average rent is a bit higher than other neighborhoods in Jackson but it’s still quite affordable. It’s popular among people in their early-to-mid-30s, most of whom do not have children.
- Central Jackson: If you like being near the amenities of the big city but also prefer some distance from the hustle and bustle of downtown, look for apartments to rent in Central Jackson. The area has received four out of five stars from residents for affordability and the average commute is between 15 and 30 minutes.
- Downtown: If you want to be in the epicenter of the city, you should definitely look for apartments to rent in Downtown Jackson. The majority of residents — 93 percent — of this area rent. Only 15 percent of households have children. “The City of Soul” is known for its restaurants and music, being the home to many famous names in blues and R&B music. Apartment living in Downtown means you’ll have access to great food, good music and plenty of southern charm.
- Fondren: This is considered one of the “hippest” neighborhoods in Jackson. It was recently placed on the National Register of Historic Places. Living here, you’ll get to enjoy the historic charm of the area, as well as a lovely residential neighborhood and plenty of eclectic businesses to explore.
- North East Jackson: This Jackson neighborhood ranks higher than 86 percent of areas in the state. Residents give it an A+ for amenities and high-quality schools, as well as an A for employment opportunities. In fact, the unemployment rate in this area is only 1 percent - that’s 85 percent lower than the national average.
- North West Jackson: A little less than half the population of this neighborhood are singles or couples without children. The walkability and bike scores for the area are in the high-30s, making it possible to get around without a vehicle. However, it’s best to have access to one for major shopping trips or the commute to work.
- Providence: Residents give Providence a high livability score due to its numerous, high-quality restaurants and coffee shops, access to local theater and shopping, as well as close proximity to grocery stores, medical facilities and health and fitness amenities. They’ve also given the neighborhood a score of five out of five stars for its schools.
- South Jackson: Renters who live in this neighborhood give it four out of five stars for affordability. They also love that the average commute is less than 30 minutes.
- South West Jackson: Those who live in South West Jackson give the area 9.5 stars out of 10 for affordability and eight stars for safety and amenities. Like many areas in the city, the commute is less than 30 minutes.
FUN THINGS TO DO IN JACKSON
After a long day at work, it’s time for some rest, relaxation and fun. Jackson has multiple opportunities for afternoon, evening or weekend adventures. There’s something to explore for every member of your family.
- Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium: This is the largest outdoor football stadium in the state. If you love college football, definitely plan on attending a few games per season.
- Jackson Zoo: The Jackson Zoological Park is not just a showcase for exotic animals. Instead, it’s a way to educate the public and to focus on the care, research and conservation of these beautiful creatures.
- Mississippi Civil Rights Museum: Located on North Street, The Mississippi Civil Rights Museum aims to promote a greater understanding of this movement and the impact it has because of the strength of those who have sacrificed so much in their endeavor to end racism and promote equality.
- Mississippi Children’s Museum: This is an interactive museum for kids to enjoy a fun, immersive learning experience. Besides being a fun day-trip, this museum offers after-school programs for children as young as preschool age and up to the 5th-grade level.
- Eudora Welty House and Garden: If you’re an avid reader or writer, visiting the homes of famous writers can be an exhilarating experience. Eudora Welty was a Pulitzer Prize-winning author. For 76 years, she lived and worked in this home. Visit the home for a tour or to enjoy one of the many exhibits or special events.
- New Stage Theater: Do you love live theater? Then you need to visit the New Stage Theater on Carlisle Street. Online reviewers give this theater five out of five stars because of the quality productions and talented cast. Performances range from thought-provoking plays to the annual production of A Christmas Carol.
- Mississippi Museum of Art: Located on Lamar Street, this museum is a must for art lovers of all ages. In addition to their artist exhibits, they also host festivals, musical performances and outdoor films in the adjacent Art Garden.
GETAWAYS FROM JACKSON
Looking for a day trip or weekend getaway ideas? Jackson is close to so many interesting areas. For instance, if you love beautiful architecture, awesome music and incredible food, head over to New Orleans.
The drive is less than three hours! Another option is Meridian, Mississippi. Just a train ride away is the Urban Air Adventure Park and the Mississippi Industrial Heritage Museum.
Oxford, Mississippi is considered the “literary center of the South.” It’s a haven for writers, poets and artists of all types. You’ll have access to plenty of live music and artist performances.
Finally, there’s Hattiesburg, home to the African American History Museum, the Paul B. Johnson State Park, Pep’s Point Water Park and much more!
FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN JACKSON, MS
Finding a new place to live is a stressful experience. Be sure to use an apartment finder like Apartment Guide to help you locate your next rental property. Whether you’re looking for a pet-friendly apartment or simply want an affordable place to live, we’ll help you find apartments for rent in Jackson that match your needs.
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About Jackson
What is the average rent in Jackson?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in Jackson?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in Jackson?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in Jackson?
© 2022 Rent Group Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of Rent Group Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of Rent Group Inc. or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email email@example.com.