AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
Minneapolis Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning in Minneapolis
- Apartments with Balcony in Minneapolis
- Apartments with Disability Access in Minneapolis
- Apartments with Elevator in Minneapolis
- Apartments with Extra Storage in Minneapolis
- Apartments with Fireplace in Minneapolis
- Apartments with Fitness Center in Minneapolis
- Apartments with Garage in Minneapolis
- Apartments with Gated Access in Minneapolis
- Apartments with Laundry Facility in Minneapolis
- Apartments with Specials & Deals in Minneapolis
- Apartments with Swimming Pool in Minneapolis
- Apartments with Utilities Included in Minneapolis
- Apartments with Virtual Tours in Minneapolis
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer Connections in Minneapolis
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit in Minneapolis
- Furnished Available Apartments in Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Apartment Deals
- Apartments with under $1000 in Minneapolis
- Apartments with under $1100 in Minneapolis
- Apartments with under $1200 in Minneapolis
- Apartments with under $1300 in Minneapolis
- Apartments with under $1400 in Minneapolis
- Apartments with under $1500 in Minneapolis
- Apartments with under $2000 in Minneapolis
- Apartments with under $500 in Minneapolis
- Apartments with under $600 in Minneapolis
- Apartments with under $700 in Minneapolis
- Apartments with under $800 in Minneapolis
- Apartments with under $900 in Minneapolis
- Apartments near Public Transportation in Minneapolis
- Cheap Apartments in Minneapolis
- Income Restricted Apartments in Minneapolis
- Loft Layout Apartments in Minneapolis
- Luxury Apartments in Minneapolis
- New Construction Apartments in Minneapolis
- Pet Friendly Apartments in Minneapolis
- Senior Living Apartments in Minneapolis
- Short Term Apartments in Minneapolis
Apartments Near Minneapolis
- North Central University, MN
- Globe University--Minneapolis, MN
- Art Institutes International--Minnesota, MN
- Capella University, MN
- Minneapolis Community and Technical College, MN
- American Indian OIC, MN
- Minneapolis College of Art and Design, MN
- Walden University, MN
- Dunwoody College of Technology, MN
- Augsburg College, MN
- Institute of Production and Recording, MN
- Summit Academy Oppor Indus Center, MN
- University of Minnesota--Twin Cities, MN
- Luther Seminary, MN
- East Metro Opportunities Industrialization Center, MN
- University of Saint Thomas, MN
- Saint Paul Seminary School of Divinity, MN
- Minneapolis Business College, MN
- CenterPoint Massage & Shiatsu Therapy School & Clinic, MN
- Bethlehem College & Seminary, MN
For SaleMinneapolis, MN Homes for Sale
Living In Minneapolis, MN
EVERYTHING TO KNOW ABOUT RENTING AN APARTMENT IN MINNEAPOLIS, MN
As one-half of the famed Twin Cities, Minneapolis is renowned for its scenic outdoor beauty, sprawling skyscrapers and "Minnesota nice" attitude. Along with its world-class cultural institutions and vibrant economy, the city boasts a large student population and plenty of kid-friendly attractions. Don't let the cosmopolitan flair fool you, though. If you look in the right places, you'll find plenty of affordable apartments for rent in Minneapolis.
THE BEST NEIGHBORHOODS TO FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN MINNEAPOLIS
With a booming economy and fast-growing suburban areas, Minneapolis and its surrounding neighborhoods are a top choice for renters looking for employment and educational opportunities in a bustling metropolis.
As in any big city, apartments in Minneapolis come in all shapes and sizes. Whether you seek stylish downtown lofts with panoramic urban views, 24-hour security and state-of-the-art fitness facilities, or budget-friendly, two-bedroom apartments with heated parking, free snow removal and in-unit laundry facilities, Apartment Guide can simplify your search.
Browse the hundreds of apartments for rent in Minneapolis on our site or use our customized search feature to narrow your choices according to price, location and amenities. From pet-friendly, suburban-style townhouses to student-focused studios near the University of Minnesota, Apartment Guide makes it easy to find the perfect apartment for you.
With a relatively low crime rate and strong educational influence, Minneapolis is a top choice among families with children. If you're searching for a place to live in Minneapolis that puts children in the best school systems, then check out the Wayzata, Minnetonka, Edina and Eden Prairie districts.
Each of the city's suburbs has its own distinct character, so you can choose which fits you best. Here are some of our top choices for neighborhoods with apartments in Minneapolis.
- Calhoun Isles: An eclectic neighborhood in the southwest, Calhoun Isles is filled with a wide variety of age groups and family styles. It’s also a great place for enjoying the outdoors.
- Central Minneapolis: Residents here love the neighborhood’s diversity and nightlife. In fact, they give it an A+ for both economic and cultural diversity. Safety has improved greatly over the years, so residents feel like it’s a great place to raise a family. With good job prospects, great restaurants and nearby shopping, it’s an ideal neighborhood for many renters.
- Dinkytown: Residents often refer to this area as an extension of the University of Minnesota. There are quite a few restaurants and bars, as well as a public library. It’s a fun community for students and those who enjoy the nightlife.
- Linden Hills: Do you demand the very best? Then, Linden Hills is the neighborhood for you. It’s rated the #1 community in Minneapolis. The diversity, nightlife and schools are all top-notch. You’ll find a variety of things to do, restaurants to visit and much more. It’s been described by some as beautiful and quaint with nice local shops and coffee houses, too.
- Northeast Minneapolis: Another A-rated neighborhood, you’ll find amazing public schools in this area. Residents also love the area because it’s one of the more affordable neighborhoods in Minneapolis. Bike and walkability scores are incredibly high, 93 and 76 respectively.
- North Loop: This neighborhood is in the top 15 neighborhoods in the city. Residents give it an A+ rating because of the great schools and because it’s a dog-friendly and family-friendly neighborhood. It’s a clean, safe urban neighborhood with plenty to do away from your awesome apartment.
- Powderhorn: Another highly rated neighborhood, Powderhorn is described as being quiet and safe, with easy access to the freeway. There are parks and small businesses all around, as well as cycling trails, art exhibits and the Gale Mansion - perfect for fancy events like weddings.
- University: This neighborhood offers a dense, urban experience for renters. However, you’ll be happy to know that the crime in the area is lower than the national average. Public transportation is above average, so commute times are relatively low. Grocery stores, museums and parks are nearby, so you can easily run errands and see the sights either on foot - or get there even faster with the light rail transport.
- Uptown: If you love bustling neighborhoods, Uptown might be the community for you. It’s one of the most active areas in the city. If you commute to work, you’ll need a car or take a ride on public transit. If you are a remote worker but like the idea of working with others from time to time, there is a co-working space in this neighborhood. Lakes abound, so you’ll have plenty of opportunities to enjoy the beauty of nature when you take a walk. Other exercise options include rock wall climbing and yoga.
- Warehouse District: Located on the outskirts of downtown Minneapolis, the Warehouse District is filled with plenty of shopping opportunities, including designer boutiques. If you’re a book lover, you’ll likely spend plenty of time at James & Mary Laurie Booksellers, a bookstore with over 120,000 titles. You can get local produce at the farmer’s market and also take in a comedy show at Acme Comedy Co. What about the apartments? They’re moderately priced and worth every penny because of all the nearby amenities. Plus, the walkability bike scores are 89 and 94 respectively, some of the highest in the city.
FUN THINGS TO DO IN MINNEAPOLIS
Minneapolis is renowned for high-culture offerings like the Walker Art Center and the Minneapolis Institute of Art.
Looking for something fun to do without spending much money? Meander through seven miles of the glass-enclosed Skyway System that weaves through the city, connecting restaurants, shopping and hotels. The walkway keeps you out of the cold and provides great views of the city below. Whether you're into the city's lively dining and bar scene or appreciate an evening at the theater, Minneapolis is home to a variety of things to do for night owls too.
The city is also ideal for people who love to spend time outdoors. Minneapolis is known as "the City of Lakes" for a good reason, as it's home to more than two-dozen natural lakes of varying sizes. On warm summer days, joggers, bikers and roller skaters all flock to the paved paths that crisscross the parkland between Lake Harriet, Lake Calhoun and Lake of the Isles. In the winter, these paths turn into designated Nordic ski trails.
Meanwhile, the Midtown Greenway provides the area's many commuters with a designated bike trail between central Minneapolis and outlying areas. You can also bundle up and head out for a snowmobiling adventure, or try your hand at ice fishing, a popular pastime.
- Root for your favorite team: For sports lovers, the city's three downtown stadiums are home to the Twins (Target Field), Vikings (U.S. Bank Stadium) and Timberwolves (Target Center). And don't forget to cheer on the University of Minnesota's beloved Golden Gophers football team.
- Take a Food Tour: Are you a foodie? Then, you need to travel to the north-eastern part of Minneapolis to the neighborhood of Nicollet Island. It is home to some of the best restaurants in the city. During your tour, you’ll also get to see some historic landmarks, learn about the city and sample some of the best food you’ll ever eat.
- Minneapolis Institute of Art: In addition to collecting art from different cultures around the world and making it available for the general public, this institute also works hard to preserve precious works of art.
- Minnehaha Park: This is one of Minneapolis’ oldest and most popular parks. The scenery is breathtakingly beautiful with waterfalls, bird sanctuaries, gardens, historical sites, dog parks, art exhibits and much more.
- The Museum of Russian Art: Located on Stevens Avenue, this is the only museum in the continent that is devoted to preserving Russian art and artifacts. The renovated building that the museum is located in is itself a piece of art. In addition to the intimate exhibits, you can also enjoy educational events.
GETAWAYS FROM MINNEAPOLIS
If you're looking to venture out of the Minneapolis city limits, then travel "next door" to St. Paul, the other half of the Twin Cities and the state capital.
The Minnesota Landscape Arboretum (a 30-minute drive into Chaska), which boasts over 1,200 acres of lush green landscapes, gardens and trails, is also a popular attraction.
For something fun to do, take the kids to Mall of America, the country's largest enclosed shopping mall, or visit the marine animals at the UnderWater Adventures Aquarium. The drive to Bloomington is less than 20 minutes away.
FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN MINNEAPOLIS, MN
Finding a new place to live is a stressful experience. Be sure to use an apartment finder like Apartment Guide to help you locate your next rental property. Whether you’re looking for a pet-friendly apartment or simply want an affordable place to live, we’ll help you find apartments for rent in Minneapolis that match your needs.
Looking for more?
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About Minneapolis
What is the average rent in Minneapolis?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in Minneapolis?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in Minneapolis?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in Minneapolis?
© 2022 RentPath Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath Holdings, Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath Holdings, Inc or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email email@example.com.