AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
East Lansing Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning in East Lansing
- Apartments with Balcony in East Lansing
- Apartments with Disability Access in East Lansing
- Apartments with Elevator in East Lansing
- Apartments with Extra Storage in East Lansing
- Apartments with Fireplace in East Lansing
- Apartments with Fitness Center in East Lansing
- Apartments with Garage in East Lansing
- Apartments with Laundry Facility in East Lansing
- Apartments with Specials & Deals in East Lansing
- Apartments with Swimming Pool in East Lansing
- Apartments with Utilities Included in East Lansing
- Apartments with Virtual Tours in East Lansing
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer Connections in East Lansing
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit in East Lansing
- Furnished Available Apartments in East Lansing
Apartments Near East Lansing
For SaleEast Lansing, MI Homes for Sale
Living In East Lansing, MI
A small city in Michigan, East Lansing has a population of slightly less than 48,000. Young adults aged 15-24 will find no shortage of opportunities, as they account for a greater percentage of the population here (64%) than nationally (14%), while young professionals appear in smaller numbers. Overall, the city's population, with an average age of just under 29, skews decidedly younger than most cities in Michigan, ranking as the second-youngest municipality in the state. Only 35% of residents are homeowners in East Lansing, as renting is more common in the city despite an average rent of $1,083/month, significantly higher than the state average of $874.
Many East Lansing residents work in one of two industries: education and entertainment. Combined, these industries account for 26% of the city's workforce. With an average annual income of around $60,000, East Lansing workers take home about the same as the average Michigan resident. However, East Lansing compares less favorably to the national average ($73,345). Compared to the national average (7%), East Lansing has a large percentage of residents older than 25 who have advanced degrees, as 10% have earned a Master's or a Doctorate. Additionally, 9% have a Bachelor's degree.
Averaging about 17 minutes, East Lansing's commute time is shorter than the state average of about 25 minutes. Many residents (25%) drive their car to work, while public transit isn't widely used. Not many workers (8%) commute on foot, though the number is well above the national average.
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About East Lansing
What is the average rent in East Lansing?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in East Lansing?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in East Lansing?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in East Lansing?
© 2022 RentPath Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath Holdings, Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath Holdings, Inc or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.