AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
Detroit Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning in Detroit
- Apartments with Balcony in Detroit
- Apartments with Disability Access in Detroit
- Apartments with Elevator in Detroit
- Apartments with Extra Storage in Detroit
- Apartments with Fiber Internet in Detroit
- Apartments with Fireplace in Detroit
- Apartments with Fitness Center in Detroit
- Apartments with Garage in Detroit
- Apartments with Gated Access in Detroit
- Apartments with Laundry Facility in Detroit
- Apartments with Specials & Deals in Detroit
- Apartments with Swimming Pool in Detroit
- Apartments with Utilities Included in Detroit
- Apartments with Virtual Tours in Detroit
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer Connections in Detroit
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit in Detroit
- Furnished Available Apartments in Detroit
- Detroit Apartment Deals
- Apartments with under $1000 in Detroit
- Apartments with under $1100 in Detroit
- Apartments with under $1200 in Detroit
- Apartments with under $1300 in Detroit
- Apartments with under $1400 in Detroit
- Apartments with under $1500 in Detroit
- Apartments with under $2000 in Detroit
- Apartments with under $500 in Detroit
- Apartments with under $600 in Detroit
- Apartments with under $700 in Detroit
- Apartments with under $800 in Detroit
- Apartments with under $900 in Detroit
- Apartments near Public Transportation in Detroit
- Cheap Apartments in Detroit
- Corporate Apartments in Detroit
- Income Restricted Apartments in Detroit
- Loft Layout Apartments in Detroit
- Luxury Apartments in Detroit
- Pet Friendly Apartments in Detroit
- Senior Living Apartments in Detroit
- Short Term Apartments in Detroit
Apartments Near Detroit
For SaleDetroit, MI Homes for Sale
Living In Detroit, MI
Everything to Know about finding apartments for rent in Detroit, MI
It may be called The Motor City, but Detroit has grown up and out in recent years, moving beyond its legendary automotive history. While the city has seen its fair share of ups and downs, today you'll find a bustling downtown where entrepreneurs are reinvigorating this quintessential American city. Home to the legendary Motown sound, Detroit also boasts stunning architecture, world-class museums and galleries, and cuisine ranging from hot dogs and food trucks to upmarket eateries and microbreweries. It’s a varied town, so begin your search for apartments for rent in Detroit today.
WEATHER AND SEASONS
With a climate that's largely influenced by the Great Lakes, Detroit winters see freezing temperatures and snowfall from November through April. Expect pleasant weather in the spring and summertime, perfect for enjoying outdoor activities and attractions.
Detroit's impressive skyline showcases art deco skyscrapers, including the Historic Guardian Building, a 36-story tower covered with tile, limestone and terracotta brickwork. The city is home to a sizable collection of late 19th- and early 20th-century architecture, among the largest in the nation. Throughout the city, you'll find picturesque Old World-, English Tudor-, Queen Anne- and Georgian-style properties. As more of these properties are restored, there is an increase in available apartments in Detroit within prime locations.
DETROIT APARTMENTS AND NEIGHBORHOODS
While the city has many interesting neighborhoods, these are our top picks as you look for your next apartment:
- Entertainment District: Home to Ford Field, Comerica Park and live music venues, the Entertainment District is perfect for younger crowds and sports fans.
- Eastern Market: This commercial district covers 43 acres and sells produce, meat and spices from 150 farmers and vendors. Don't miss special events, celebrity chefs, cooking demonstrations and bike tours in this vibrant neighborhood.
- Midtown: Home to art galleries, eclectic shops and foodie favorites, Midtown is a thriving cultural hub.
- Rivertown: Outdoor enthusiasts love the scenic trails winding through Rivertown, the ideal setting for walking and biking along the Detroit River.
- Corktown: On the National Register of Historic Places, Corktown is the oldest standing neighborhood in Detroit and home to dive bars, record stores and tasting rooms.
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION AND COMMUTING
The DDOT bus system provides widespread transportation throughout the city, while the People Mover rail, QLINE streetcar and MoGo bike share program offer alternative modes of travel.
FUN THINGS TO DO IN DETROIT
The stunning Detroit Riverwalk stretches more than five miles along the Detroit River and is a must for enjoying outdoor concerts, taking bike rides and visiting trendy shops. In the summer, head to the "beach" at Campus Martius Park, home to a 400,000-pound sandpit in the middle of downtown Detroit, where urban beachgoers can barbecue, sunbathe and unwind.
Head to Ford Field to watch the Detroit Lions go head-to-head with their NFL competition, or stop by Little Caesars Arena to catch a Detroit Red Wings hockey game.
DETROIT FAMILIES WITH KIDS
There's plenty of activities for kids, from Belle Isle Aquarium, the oldest in the U.S., to Detroit Zoo, with over 2,000 animals on display. Students in the area are well-served by highly-ranked schools in the Detroit Public School system like Renaissance High School and Moses Field School.
NEARBY GETAWAYS FROM DETROIT
For an ideal getaway on Lake Michigan, head to Grand Haven State Park Beach, which features sandy beaches, a delightful boardwalk and picturesque lighthouse. If you're looking for something closer to home, Belle Isle Beach, on the Detroit River and dubbed by the locals as the "hipster" beach, is a go-to spot for younger crowds, complete with a rope swing for entertainment.
Find Apartments for rent in Detroit, MI
Finding a new place to live is a stressful experience. Be sure to use an apartment finder like Apartment Guide to help you locate your next rental property. Whether you’re looking for a pet-friendly apartment or simply want an affordable place to live, we’ll help you find apartments for rent in Detroit that match your needs.
Looking for more?
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About Detroit
What is the average rent in Detroit?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in Detroit?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in Detroit?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in Detroit?
© 2022 RentPath Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath Holdings, Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath Holdings, Inc or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email email@example.com.