AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
Cambridge Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning in Cambridge
- Apartments with Balcony in Cambridge
- Apartments with Disability Access in Cambridge
- Apartments with Elevator in Cambridge
- Apartments with Extra Storage in Cambridge
- Apartments with Fireplace in Cambridge
- Apartments with Fitness Center in Cambridge
- Apartments with Garage in Cambridge
- Apartments with Gated Access in Cambridge
- Apartments with Laundry Facility in Cambridge
- Apartments with Specials & Deals in Cambridge
- Apartments with Swimming Pool in Cambridge
- Apartments with Utilities Included in Cambridge
- Apartments with Virtual Tours in Cambridge
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer Connections in Cambridge
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit in Cambridge
- Furnished Available Apartments in Cambridge
- Cambridge Apartment Deals
- Apartments with under $1000 in Cambridge
- Apartments with under $1100 in Cambridge
- Apartments with under $1200 in Cambridge
- Apartments with under $1300 in Cambridge
- Apartments with under $1400 in Cambridge
- Apartments with under $1500 in Cambridge
- Apartments with under $2000 in Cambridge
- Apartments with under $800 in Cambridge
- Apartments with under $900 in Cambridge
Apartments Near Cambridge
- Cambridge College, MA
- Harvard University, MA
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MA
- Boston University, MA
- BU, MA
- New England School of Photography, MA
- Berklee College of Music, MA
- New England College of Optometry, MA
- Boston Conservatory, MA
- Boston Architectural College, MA
- Emmanuel College, MA
- Wheelock College, MA
- Olin Center for International Study, MA
- Simmons College, MA
- Northeastern University, MA
- Wentworth Institute of Technology, MA
- New England Conservatory, MA
- Massachusetts College of Art and Design, MA
- Massachusetts College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences, MA
- Roxbury Community College, MA
Living In Cambridge, MA
EVERYTHING TO KNOW ABOUT RENTING AN APARTMENT IN CAMBRIDGE, MA
Located just across the beautiful Charles River from Boston's Back Bay district, Cambridge is a vibrant city that's best known as the home of Harvard University. Of course, there are plenty of other attractions close at hand in the heart of the Massachusetts Bay region.
From innovative restaurants and bars to world-class museums and galleries, Cambridge is a true cultural gem. No matter what you're into, it's all right here - including the best apartments for rent in Cambridge!
THE BEST NEIGHBORHOODS TO FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN CAMBRIDGE
As you might imagine, Cambridge, Massachusetts apartments run the gamut from sleek, modern studio loft spaces to two-and-three-bedroom units in secure buildings with a full slate of amenities. Fortunately, we can help you narrow down your search for apartments in Cambridge. Here are some of our top picks.
- Cambridge Highlands: Will you settle for nothing but the best? Then, you should consider living in the Cambridge Highlands neighborhood. Rated A+ by residents, this area is ideal for families (with many highly rated schools), as well as couples and singles (A+ for nightlife!). The neighborhood provides residents with an urban atmosphere with its plethora of coffee shops, restaurants, parks and more. Nearby is the Mount Auburn Hospital and the Mount Auburn Practice for Women.
- Cambridgeport: Another A+ rated community is Cambridgeport. There are many bars, restaurants, coffee shops, places to shop and parks to visit. Being extremely close to Central Square, it provides residents with an urban feel and is considered one of the best places to live in all of Massachusetts.
- Inman Square: This neighborhood is considered one of the historic districts of Massachusetts. It’s a compact, cozy neighborhood with multiple restaurants, some even serving unique American and Asian fusion cuisine. There are many shopping opportunities especially if you love handmade jewelry, unique spices, specialty foods and crafting supplies.
- Kendall Square: 90 percent of the population of this neighborhood rents, so you’ll be in excellent company. Another urban neighborhood that’s known for its ingenuity and innovation, Kendall Square is home to multiple biotech, life science and technology companies. If you work in these industries, you can ensure a short commute by choosing an apartment for rent in Kendall Square.
- Mid Cambridge: This is another A+ rated, dense, urban neighborhood. However, residents who live here say they don’t feel like they’re living in an uncomfortable city setting. The neighborhood is designed in such a way that it has a bit of a suburban/residential feel to it. If you’re looking for a safe, diverse neighborhood with highly educated neighbors, this might be the place for you.
- Neighborhood Nine: There are 12,000 residents in this neighborhood, which includes Harvard Square and Porter Square (major commercial centers). You’ll find a major shopping center at one end and a smaller commercial strip at the other end. Danehy Park is located in this neighborhood, as well as Raymond Park. This neighborhood is also home to the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory.
- North Cambridge: This is a friendly community with over 65 percent of the population renting apartments. It’s a quieter neighborhood and the average commute is around 35 minutes. If you love nature, you’ll love the fact that you’ll be so close to Alewife Brook Reservation, a Massachusetts state park.
- Porter Square: Considered one of the hubs of Cambridge, Porter Square is a densely populated, urban setting. It’s close to transit, so you don’t necessarily need access to a vehicle to get around. About 10 minutes away is the CHA Cambridge Hospital, a five-star rated hospital and surgical center.
- Riverside: Here we have another A+ rated neighborhood on our list! Nightlife, schools and diversity all receive high marks from residents. They say it’s a great place to raise a family. The neighbors are friendly, it’s a great place to walk your dog and it’s safe to take a walk at night. Speaking of walking, this neighborhood is so close to stores, restaurants and schools that you can reach nearly any destination on foot.
- The Port: This neighborhood also rates high among its residents (A+) and is also considered one of the best places to live in the state. You’ll be close to amenities like restaurants and coffee shops. Plus, there are beautiful parks in the area. Something that parents will like: The schools here are so good that at least four of them rank in the top 100 schools in the state.
FUN THINGS TO DO IN CAMBRIDGE
A city of neighborhoods, Cambridge has plenty of attractions to keep students, visitors and lifelong residents occupied. Hundreds of innovative restaurants can be found within walking distance of Harvard Square and Harvard Street, as well as in outlying neighborhoods like Inman Square and Porter Square. Of course, the campuses of Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology are attractions unto themselves. Both schools offer regular walking tours of their historic buildings. Here are some other local attractions.
- Harvard Art Museum: This is Harvard’s oldest museum. The art on display is from Europe and the U.S., from the Middle Ages to our modern time.
- The Peabody Archaeology Museum: Affiliated with Harvard University, this museum is one of the oldest and largest in the U.S. The focus of the exhibits is on the archaeology and ethnography of North and South America.
- MIT Museum: MIT is one of the top-ranking private universities in the world. They have a renowned nautical exhibit that boasts 25,000 objects. They host multiple collections, exhibitions, installations and collaborations. They even host virtual events that you can enjoy in the comfort of your own apartment.
- Beaches: Local residents who frequent the hiking, biking and walking trails that hug the riverfront often venture out to nearby beaches in Beachmont, Oak Island and Nahant. These sandy islands offer a nearly endless array of on-the-water activities, including fishing, sea kayaking, sailing and waterskiing. Just 10 miles to the north, the Middlesex Fells Reservation boasts miles of rugged hiking and biking trails as well as plenty of cross-country skiing options during the wintertime.
- Danehy Park: Up until the 1970s, this area of land was a landfill. In the early part of that decade, they closed it to active dumping and turned it from a wasteland to a 50-acre recreational facility. Residents can enjoy a variety of activities including walking, jogging and biking, as well as sports (soccer and softball). Or if you prefer, just spend the day studying nature.
- Bike Tours: Try one of the many bicycle tours, like the Tour de Cambridge Guided Bicycle Tour. This two-and-a-half-hour tour takes you along the Charles River past Kendall Square, MIT and Central Square.
- Mount Auburn Cemetery: This cemetery will be of interest to history buffs. It was the first rural/garden cemetery in the U.S. It is a National Historic Landmark and is the resting place of many prominent members of the Boston Brahmins (elite members of society in the late 1800s and early 1900s).
GETAWAYS FROM CAMBRIDGE
If you want a fun getaway, drive about 20 minutes until you’re in Boston. Spend the Day at Fenway Park watching a Red Sox baseball game or go on a Day Cruise along Charles River or to get a close-up view of the USS Constitution. Salem is about an hour away and is considered one of the most interesting towns to visit in Massachusetts. Locals recommend visiting during the Halloween season for a truly iconic experience.
FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN CAMBRIDGE, MA
Finding a new place to live is a stressful experience. Be sure to use an apartment finder like Apartment Guide to help you locate your next rental property. Whether you’re looking for a pet-friendly apartment or simply want an affordable place to live, we’ll help you find apartments for rent in Cambridge that match your needs.
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About Cambridge
What is the average rent in Cambridge?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in Cambridge?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in Cambridge?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in Cambridge?
© 2022 Rent Group Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of Rent Group Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of Rent Group Inc. or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.