For a limited time, select homes come with up to a 1/2 month FREE!
Garrison Square is pleased to offer a vintage 19th century architectural style with the 21st century amenities you desire. Now offering furnished and unfurnished apartments, these Boston apartments feature fireplaces, marble surroundings, and in-home washers and dryers. Visit with friends in the private landscaped courtyard with elegant cast iron fountains and enjoy spectacular views from the rooftop terrace. Garrison Square is just a short walk from fashionable shops in Back Bay and the galleries and bistros in South End and provides close proximity to prime work centers and entertainment in downtown Boston. Stop by today for a tour!
6-Month, 7-Month, 9-Month, 12-Month, 13-Month
Don't just walk away from this building, RUN.
We lived at Garrison Square for 2.5 years. I never write reviews but feel it's necessary to put the truth out about this building to help others from making the mistake of living here.
If you are considering residence at GS please inform yourself as living here will negatively affect your quality of life due to the manner in which UDR and the management office have chosen to operate these buildings.
1) UDR is abusing the system of short term rentals that is currently unregulated in Boston
2) GS is run like a creepy makeshift Airbnb hotel instead of a residential apartment building. They do not disclose this and they will lie to your face about it.
+ Do a search, you will find GS advertised on Expedia, Kayak, Stay
Alfred, etc. People are able to book apts (might be next door, on your
floor, or in your building) for as short a stay as 1 night.
+ They keep padlocks on the #30 building gates for "hotel guests" to
gain access. Doesn't that just scream "luxury building"?!
+ There are multiple buildings, the #30 buildings, the #40, the #50,
and the #56 building. DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER living in the #30
buildings as most of the temporary units are housed there.
3) For the amount of rent they charge, the amenities, upkeep of the property, and the management office is a complete joke. I wouldn't even consider this a "full service building"
4) There have been many incidents with "hotel guests" coming to stay here to party and packing apartments with people, noise violations, police having to come, etc... There is a serious issue of safety and security here. I have brought this up many times with management.
5) The management will respond when there are problems but they are not proactive. They are lazy and do not like to leave their office.
+They will also lie to your face. I can personally say this happened to
me more than once regarding the temporary stay
Office staff is great- so friendly and accommodating. Concierge staff is very upbeat and service people very polite and always say hello. Nice sense of community here.
Can't beat this location and charming apartments with underground garages in this area are very hard to find.
Garrison Square is a great location if you have kids and pets. Lots of parks and amenities near by, and the build is very accessible for those times you are pushing a stroller and have an armful of groceries.
Garrison Square is a warm, welcoming community in an ideal location in Boston. It's no wonder that their residents and staff are happy to belong here