AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
South Laurel Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning in South Laurel
- Apartments with Balcony in South Laurel
- Apartments with Disability Access in South Laurel
- Apartments with Elevator in South Laurel
- Apartments with Extra Storage in South Laurel
- Apartments with Fireplace in South Laurel
- Apartments with Fitness Center in South Laurel
- Apartments with Garage in South Laurel
- Apartments with Gated Access in South Laurel
- Apartments with Laundry Facility in South Laurel
- Apartments with Specials & Deals in South Laurel
- Apartments with Swimming Pool in South Laurel
- Apartments with Utilities Included in South Laurel
- Apartments with Virtual Tours in South Laurel
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit in South Laurel
- Furnished Available Apartments in South Laurel
Apartments Near South Laurel
Living In South Laurel, MD
A town located in Maryland, South Laurel has slightly less than 27,000 residents. It's a nice place to raise a family, as children under 5 make up a larger portion of the population here (9%) than nationally (6%), while young adults are less well-represented. With an average age of just over 35, the city's residents are notably younger than most cities in Maryland. Homeowners tend to be in the minority in the city, and 60% of residents are renters. The average rent of $1,415 per month is slightly above the state average.
South Laurel has an average commute time of about 38 minutes. Many residents (46%) commute to work by car or truck, while public transportation is used by just 4% of the population. Walking isn't a common method of commuting to work.
There are four primary industries in South Laurel: healthcare, public administration, education, and retail. Together, these industries make up 27% of the workforce in the city. Meanwhile, looking at job function, many of the city's workers are in sales, as 8% of the city's population reports this as their field of work, the highest number of any career path. With an average annual income of just over $86,000, South Laurel workers take home a bit less than the average Maryland resident. However, South Laurel compares more favorably to the national average ($73,345). South Laurel has a high number of residents over the age of 25 with advanced degrees compared to the national average (7%), as 9% possess a Master's or a Doctoral degree. Additionally, 17% have earned a Bachelor's degree, which also outpaces the national average.
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About South Laurel
How much does it cost to rent in South Laurel, MD?
Is it expensive to rent in South Laurel?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in South Laurel?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in South Laurel?
© 2022 Rent Group Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of Rent Group Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of Rent Group Inc. or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.