Everything that glitters is not gold. When we first moved into this community 2 years ago it was definitely worthy some of these glowing reviews I've noted. However, this place is not what it used to be. Parking in the evening and on weekends is a NIGHTMARE. My husband had a few people over this past Friday and they had to park at the Laurel Hospital! That is not a close or safe walk to our development. Then there are constantly large gatherings in the courtyards. Quiet hours are from 10pm to 8am. Yet this is not enforced. However now that we want to move because of the noise, the cigarettes and parking AvalonBay won't cut us a break and let us out of our lease, without charging a heavy 2 months rent and that is with a 30 day notice! We are hurt and disappointed because we really held this community to high esteem. The apartments are really nice but an apartment community is only as nice as management allows it to be. They make rules with no enforcement and they are not lenient when you need to make adjustments because they can't manage their community. I have reached out to Corporate and have heard nothing! I am so disappointed.
Top 10 reasons to move to Avalon Laurel
2. If you enjoy having a security gate that is a) Broken most of the time b) Lets 8 people in at a time.
3. If you don't mind walking a mile to your apartment building because there aren't any parking spaces available near your building after 5pm.
4. If you don't mind risking your vehicle being towed because you have circled the complex 85 times and not one space is available (except for 15 handicap spaces that are forever empty).
5. If you don't mind paying an amenity fee and not being able to use them after 6:30pm.
6. If you don't mind paying a trash fee to take out your own trash to the compactor ( My last apartment at least picked it up at my door and charged the same price).
7. If having your car being broken into doesn't bother you. Management won't alert the neighborhood that this is occurring btw.
8. You can hear everything your neighbors are saying. Thin walls.
9.Dishwashers do not dry your dishes. They must have sprung for the cheap model.
10. You could just move to Modera across the street.
This community could have been great, but they care more about taking your money than actually making it a great place to live. RENT AT YOUR OWN RISK!
We believe elevating where you live is about blending it seamlessly with how you live. We go to great lengths designing amenities and choosing locations that put everything within reach. Where you live, is where you come alive. In an area flourishing with convenience, entertainment, and possibility, Avalon Laurel features brand new one, two, and three-bedroom apartment homes and two-bedroom townhomes for lease. Imagine entertaining in modern kitchens with stainless steel appliances and granite countertops. Live your life effortlessly with amenities that include a state-of-the-art fitness center, swimming pool, and landscaped courtyards with grilling stations throughout. Our community is conveniently located close to I-95 and the ICC providing easy access to the Capital Beltway, downtown Washington D.C., downtown Baltimore, and Montgomery County.
This is not just apartment living. This is living up.
Lease terms are variable. Please inquire with property staff.<BR><BR>Pet Policy: Maximum 2 pets per apartment. Breed restriction apply. Pet fee $50/month. Please call our leasing office for more details.
© 2020 RentPath, LLC. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath, LLC. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath, LLC or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.