1. Home
  2. Maryland
  3. Cumberland
  4. Apartments for rent in Cumberland, MD

25 Apartments Available
1 - 20 of 25 Apartments< Previous Page Next Page >


See what Cumberland, MD has to offer
View Local Guide

All About

Living In Cumberland, MD

A small city in Maryland, Cumberland has slightly more than 20,000 residents. It's a comfortable place to settle down, as retirees make up a greater percentage of the population (19%) here than they do nationally (14%). Homeowners hold a slight majority over renters in Cumberland by a small 53%-47% margin. Renters in the city benefit from a relatively low average rent of $655 per month, which is $692 per month less than the state average.

Cumberland has a relatively high concentration of residents over the age of 25 with an Associate's degree (6%) compared to the Maryland average. Further, 13% have a Bachelor's, Master's, Professional, or Doctoral degree. Many Cumberland residents work in one of three industries: healthcare, retail, and entertainment. Together, these industries make up 19% of the labor force in the city. Meanwhile, in terms of job function, many of the city's residents work in sales, making it the top career path in the city. Cumberland workers bring in an average annual income of around $47K, around $45,000 less than the state average. Cumberland's average income also falls below the national average ($73,345).

Cumberland's average commute time ranks as one of the best in the state at about 19 minutes, 6th-quickest in the state. Many residents (35%) drive their car or truck to work, while public transportation is not extensively used. A small percentage of workers (3%) commute on foot, though the number is greater than the national average.

Frequently Asked Questions About Cumberland

Looking for a cheap Cumberland apartment?

For the best deal, we recommend using our cheap apartments filter.

How Many Bedrooms Do You Need?

Are you living by yourself, with your family, or do you have roommates? Choose the number of bedrooms that match your needs: Studio, 1 Bedroom, 2 Bedroom, 3 Bedroom.

How Can I Tour Virtually During Covid19 & Social Distancing?

You can virtually tour any apartment by using our Cumberland, MD Virtual Tours filter. All properties in this filter contain either a 3d tour or a video tour.

Do you need a pet-friendly Cumberland apartment?

If you have a dog or cat, you'll need to find an apartment in Cumberland that accepts pets. Apply Apartment Guide's pet friendly filter to see only Cumberland apartments that accept pets. Remember to read the apartment's specific guidelines for acceptable pet breeds and weights if applicable.

© 2021 RentPath, LLC. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath, LLC. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath, LLC or its affiliates.

Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.

Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.

Download the ApartmentGuide.com app for Android and iOS

Local Guide