1. Home
  2. Louisiana
  3. Slaughter
  4. Apartments for rent in Slaughter, LA

196 Apartments Available
1 - 25 of 196 Apartments< Previous Page Next Page >

Expand Your Search

LOCAL GUIDE

See what Slaughter, LA has to offer
View Local Guide

All About

Living In Slaughter, LA

A small town in Louisiana, Slaughter has a population of approximately 1,000. Families with young children should feel welcome, as kids under 5 make up an above-average 10% of the community, while young adults are less well-represented. Only 9% of residents rent in Slaughter, as most own their homes. With a relatively low average rent of $761 per month in the town, renting remains an affordable option, particularly compared to other cities in Louisiana. Each month, renters in Slaughter will save around $124 compared to the state average.

With an average commute time of about 33 minutes, longer than most cities in Louisiana, Slaughter residents are well aware that traveling to work takes some patience. Driving a car or truck is the prevailing means of commuting to work, chosen by 37% of commuters, while public transportation is not used. Walking isn't a common method of commuting to work.

Compared to the state average, Slaughter has a relatively high percentage of residents over the age of 25 with an Associate's degree (5%). Furthermore, 10% possess a Bachelor's degree and 2% have earned a Master's or Doctoral degree. There are two primary industries in Slaughter: manufacturing and construction. Together, these industries make up 12% of the town's workforce. Meanwhile, in terms of job function, 7% of residents work in transportation, making it the top career path in the town. Slaughter workers earn an average annual income of about $74K, around $14,000 more than the average Louisiana resident. However, Slaughter's average income is fairly average compared to the national level ($73,345).


Frequently Asked Questions About Slaughter

Looking for a cheap Slaughter apartment?

For the best deal, we recommend using our cheap apartments filter.

How Many Bedrooms Do You Need?

Are you living by yourself, with your family, or do you have roommates? Choose the number of bedrooms that match your needs: Studio, 1 Bedroom, 2 Bedroom, 3 Bedroom.

How Can I Tour Virtually During Covid19 & Social Distancing?

You can virtually tour any apartment by using our Slaughter, LA Virtual Tours filter. All properties in this filter contain either a 3d tour or a video tour.

Do you need a pet-friendly Slaughter apartment?

If you have a dog or cat, you'll need to find an apartment in Slaughter that accepts pets. Apply Apartment Guide's pet friendly filter to see only Slaughter apartments that accept pets. Remember to read the apartment's specific guidelines for acceptable pet breeds and weights if applicable.
Artboard

© 2020 RentPath, LLC. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath, LLC. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath, LLC or its affiliates.

Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.

Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.

Download the ApartmentGuide.com app for Android and iOS