AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
New Orleans Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning in New Orleans
- Apartments with Balcony in New Orleans
- Apartments with Disability Access in New Orleans
- Apartments with Elevator in New Orleans
- Apartments with Extra Storage in New Orleans
- Apartments with Fiber Internet in New Orleans
- Apartments with Fireplace in New Orleans
- Apartments with Fitness Center in New Orleans
- Apartments with Garage in New Orleans
- Apartments with Gated Access in New Orleans
- Apartments with Laundry Facility in New Orleans
- Apartments with Specials & Deals in New Orleans
- Apartments with Swimming Pool in New Orleans
- Apartments with Utilities Included in New Orleans
- Apartments with Virtual Tours in New Orleans
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer Connections in New Orleans
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit in New Orleans
- Furnished Available Apartments in New Orleans
- New Orleans Apartment Deals
- Apartments with under $1000 in New Orleans
- Apartments with under $1100 in New Orleans
- Apartments with under $1200 in New Orleans
- Apartments with under $1300 in New Orleans
- Apartments with under $1400 in New Orleans
- Apartments with under $1500 in New Orleans
- Apartments with under $2000 in New Orleans
- Apartments with under $700 in New Orleans
- Apartments with under $800 in New Orleans
- Apartments with under $900 in New Orleans
- Apartments near Public Transportation in New Orleans
- Cheap Apartments in New Orleans
- Loft Layout Apartments in New Orleans
- Luxury Apartments in New Orleans
- New Construction Apartments in New Orleans
- Pet Friendly Apartments in New Orleans
- Senior Living Apartments in New Orleans
- Short Term Apartments in New Orleans
Apartments Near New Orleans
- Louisiana State Univ Health Sciences Ctr--New Orleans, LA
- Crescent Schools, LA
- Cameron College, LA
- New Orleans School of Urban Missions, LA
- Xavier University of Louisiana, LA
- Dillard University, LA
- Notre Dame Seminary, LA
- Delgado Community College, LA
- Tulane University, LA
- Loyola University New Orleans, LA
- Metropolitan Community College, LA
- New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, LA
- Southern University--New Orleans, LA
- University of New Orleans, LA
- Park Place Premier Barber School, LA
- My Le's Beauty College-Gretna, LA
Living In New Orleans, LA
Everything to Know about finding apartments for rent in New Orleans, LA
When you think of New Orleans, you probably immediately picture the "bon temps" of Mardi Gras, local musicians playing jazz and the city's famous Creole cuisine. However, as one of the busiest ports in the world, New Orleans also acts as a strong force in the maritime industry. In addition, the city is home to Tulane University, one of the top research universities in the country. Looking at apartments in New Orleans puts you in the company of a lot of culture, history and a town that’s all its own.
DID YOU KNOW?
As part of the Louisiana Purchase, the city and its surrounding areas were sold to Napoleon Bonaparte during the early 19th century.
NEIGHBORHOODS AND APARTMENTS IN NEW ORLEANS
Interested in knowing more about the area? Check out some of the unique neighborhoods with apartments for rent in New Orleans:
- French Quarter: Also known as "Vieux Carre," this section of the city is the most well-known for its inclusion of Bourbon Street. Many of the buildings in this area date back to the early 1800s and have been reinvented as apartment homes.
- Broadmoor: Located in the Uptown section of the city, Broadmoor is home to a Historic District with many buildings dating back hundreds of years. This area of the city is known for its ethnic diversity and rich culture.
- Lakeview: This neighborhood is located near the Orleans Avenue Canal and close to Lake Pontchartrain. Houses in the area are mostly new construction due to rebuilding efforts after Hurricane Katrina. The neighborhood is also home to the Robert E. Smith Library.
- Central Business District: Apartment dwellers flock to this area, where an array of old buildings have been renovated and repurposed to make it a vibrant and hip part of town.
- Mid-City: This largely residential area is home to the famous Canal Street, which is a main thoroughfare in the city and boasts a number of historic buildings and restaurants. Shotgun-style homes are popular here.
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION AND COMMUTING IN NEW ORLEANS
Getting around New Orleans is easy thanks to a variety of public transportation options, including buses, streetcars and ferries.
FREE THINGS TO DO IN NEW ORLEANS
If you're searching for free things to do, pack a picnic and enjoy lunch amidst the beautiful Spanish moss trees in New Orleans City Park, one of the oldest urban parks in the nation.
TOP FIVE NEW ORLEANS ADVENTURES:
- Check out live music at Preservation Hall A famous musical venue dedicated to New Orleans jazz, Preservation Hall invites you to absorb the city's lively music scene and to dance the night away.
- Eat beignets and drink chicory coffee at Café du Monde A New Orleans staple with world-famous coffee and pastries, Café du Monde should be high on your priority list.
- Feel the rhythm at New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival Also known as "Jazz Fest," the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival draws visitors from around the world with its wide variety of music offerings that include not only jazz, but also local and international tunes.
- Enjoy street food and local specialties New Orleans is home to beignets, jambalaya, gumbo, pralines and Yaka Mein, all delicious favorites worth sampling.
- Take a steamboat ride on the Mississippi River The Natchez travels the length of New Orleans two times a day. Riders can enjoy an authentic steamboat experience, complete with a calliope.
POPULAR SPORTING TEAMS AND EVENTS
With the Saints and Pelicans calling New Orleans home, attending an athletic event is a popular pastime in the city. Take a look at these beloved teams and events in New Orleans:
- New Orleans Saints: Don your gold and black and make your way to Mercedes-Benz Superdome to cheer for the 2010 Super Bowl winners, the New Orleans Saints.
- New Orleans Pelicans: Join Pierre the Pelican in rooting for the NBA's New Orleans Pelicans basketball team at the Smoothie King Center.
- Sugar Bowl: New Orleans has hosted the annual Sugar Bowl, one of college football's most popular playoff events, since 1935.
- Zurich Classic of New Orleans: Held every spring, the Zurich Classic is a popular golf tournament that has recently switched to a team-play format.
- Tulane University: Cheer on the Tulane Green Wave in a variety of Division I NCAA college athletic events, including football, basketball and baseball games.
FAMILY-FRIENDLY ACTIVITIES IN NEW ORLEANS
Bring the whole family to the Audubon Zoo or the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas for a host of animal adventures.
SCHOOL DISTRICT INFORMATION
The public education system in New Orleans is made up of mostly charter schools. A few of the highest-rated options include Lusher Charter School, Lake Forest Elementary Charter School and Benjamin Franklin High School.
DINING AND NIGHTLIFE IN NOLA
Finding fresh seafood, Cajun specialties or a good watering hole is easy in New Orleans, where the good times continuously roll. Head down Frenchmen Street and take your pick of live music joints, or make your way to the famous Bourbon Street to visit some of the most historic NOLA hangouts and restaurants.
CLOSEST BEACHES TO NEW ORLEANS
There are plenty of beaches near New Orleans for those who want to enjoy sun and sand. Drive about 4 hours to Holly Beach, also known as the Cajun Riviera, or stay closer to home with an hour-and-a-half commute to Biloxi Beach in Mississippi, where white sand, blue water and a variety of entertainment options beckon.
Find Apartments for rent in New Orleans, LA
Finding a new place to live is a stressful experience. Be sure to use an apartment finder like Apartment Guide to help you locate your next rental property. Whether you’re looking for a pet-friendly apartment or simply want an affordable place to live, we’ll help you find apartments for rent in New Orleans that match your needs.
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About New Orleans
What is the average rent in New Orleans?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in New Orleans?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in New Orleans?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in New Orleans?
© 2023 Rent Group Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of Rent Group Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of Rent Group Inc. or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email email@example.com.