AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
Houma Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning in Houma
- Apartments with Balcony in Houma
- Apartments with Disability Access in Houma
- Apartments with Elevator in Houma
- Apartments with Extra Storage in Houma
- Apartments with Fiber Internet in Houma
- Apartments with Fireplace in Houma
- Apartments with Fitness Center in Houma
- Apartments with Garage in Houma
- Apartments with Gated Access in Houma
- Apartments with Laundry Facility in Houma
- Apartments with Specials & Deals in Houma
- Apartments with Swimming Pool in Houma
- Apartments with Utilities Included in Houma
- Apartments with Virtual Tours in Houma
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer Connections in Houma
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit in Houma
- Furnished Available Apartments in Houma
Apartments Near Houma
Living In Houma, LA
The small city of Houma, Louisiana is home to approximately 34,000 residents. Families with young children should feel right at home, as kids under 5 make up an above-average percentage of the population. The majority of Houma residents own their homes, and 36% of residents rent. The average rent of $837 a month is just below the state average.
Houma residents have an average commute of about 23 minutes, faster than the Louisiana average of about 25 minutes. Driving a car or truck is the prevailing mode of getting to work, opted for by 38% of workers, while public transportation isn't used widely. A small percentage of commuters walk to work.
Houma has a high percentage of residents over the age of 25 who have a high school degree or GED (26%) compared to the national average. Further, 8% have a Bachelor's degree and 2% have earned a Master's degree or Doctorate. Many Houma residents work in one of two industries: retail and healthcare. Combined, these industries make up 12% of the labor force in the city. Meanwhile, in terms of job function, 8% of the city's population works in sales, which ranks as the top career path in the city. With an average annual income of around $62K, Houma workers earn about the same as their peers elsewhere in the state. Houma, however, compares less favorably to the national average of $73,345.
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About Houma
What is the average rent in Houma?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in Houma?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in Houma?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in Houma?
© 2021 RentPath Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath Holdings, Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath Holdings, Inc or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email email@example.com.