AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
Hammond Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning in Hammond
- Apartments with Balcony in Hammond
- Apartments with Gated Access in Hammond
- Apartments with Laundry Facility in Hammond
- Apartments with Utilities Included in Hammond
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit in Hammond
- Apartments with under $1000 in Hammond
- Apartments with under $700 in Hammond
- Apartments with under $800 in Hammond
- Apartments with under $900 in Hammond
- Furnished Available Apartments in Hammond
Apartments Near Hammond
For SaleHammond, LA Homes for Sale
Living In Hammond, LA
Getting to Know Hammond, LA
Home to Southeastern Louisiana University, annual festivals and small-town southern charm, Hammond, LA is a quaint suburban town located only 45 minutes from both Baton Rouge and New Orleans.
Center City, the resident neighborhood of many Southeastern Louisiana University students, is popular among singles and young couples for its proximity to downtown Hammond. Pumpkin Center is a popular neighborhood for families looking to stay near local schools and scenic parks.
Free Things to Do in Hammond
From town festivals to educational science exhibits, there's plenty of entertainment to be found around town. Check out our top picks for free things to do in Hammond:
- Tangipahoa Parish Library: All branches of this local library system host summer reading programs and events for children and adults from June through August.
- Krewe of Omega Mardi Gras Parade: Don't miss this family friendly parade honoring Louisiana's famous Mardi Gras celebration.
- Science Saturdays at LIGO: Visit LIGO (The Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory) on the third Saturday of every month from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. for a free tour and access to interactive exhibits.
- Strawberry Festival Parade: Celebrate the strawberry harvest with a festive parade, and stick around afterward to enjoy family friendly games and music.
- Hot August Night: Explore the entertainment, dining and shopping that downtown Hammond has to offer at this annual event, which also features live music and art exhibits.
Hammond Families with Kids
Don't miss Kliebert's Turtle & Alligator Farm, which offers guided tours of the grounds and an up-close look at over 300 alligators and 47,000 turtles, along with a Nile crocodile and a 15-foot python. Hammond is backed by an excellent school district with Southeastern LA University Lab School and Trafton Academy noted as standouts.
Getaways from Hammond
Drive just over 2.5 hours to Grand Isle, a barrier island with over 10 miles of picturesque beaches and excellent fishing. North Beach, also just over 2.5 hours from Hammond, is the only white sand inland beach in Louisiana and boasts three family-friendly parks.
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About Hammond
How much does it cost to rent in Hammond, LA?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in Hammond?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in Hammond?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in Hammond?
© 2022 RentPath Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath Holdings, Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath Holdings, Inc or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.