AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
Baton Rouge Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning in Baton Rouge
- Apartments with Balcony in Baton Rouge
- Apartments with Disability Access in Baton Rouge
- Apartments with Elevator in Baton Rouge
- Apartments with Extra Storage in Baton Rouge
- Apartments with Fiber Internet in Baton Rouge
- Apartments with Fireplace in Baton Rouge
- Apartments with Fitness Center in Baton Rouge
- Apartments with Garage in Baton Rouge
- Apartments with Gated Access in Baton Rouge
- Apartments with Laundry Facility in Baton Rouge
- Apartments with Specials & Deals in Baton Rouge
- Apartments with Swimming Pool in Baton Rouge
- Apartments with Utilities Included in Baton Rouge
- Apartments with Virtual Tours in Baton Rouge
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer Connections in Baton Rouge
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit in Baton Rouge
- Furnished Available Apartments in Baton Rouge
- Baton Rouge Apartment Deals
- Baton Rouge Apartments under $500
- Baton Rouge Apartments under $600
- Baton Rouge Apartments under $700
- Baton Rouge Apartments under $800
- Baton Rouge Apartments under $900
- Baton Rouge Apartments under $1000
- Baton Rouge Apartments under $1100
- Baton Rouge Apartments under $1200
- Baton Rouge Apartments under $1300
- Baton Rouge Apartments under $1400
- Baton Rouge Apartments under $1500
- Baton Rouge Apartments under $2000
- Apartments near Public Transportation in Baton Rouge
- Cheap Apartments in Baton Rouge
- Corporate Apartments in Baton Rouge
- Income Restricted Apartments in Baton Rouge
- Loft Layout Apartments in Baton Rouge
- Luxury Apartments in Baton Rouge
- Pet Friendly Apartments in Baton Rouge
- Senior Living Apartments in Baton Rouge
- Short Term Apartments in Baton Rouge
Apartments Near Baton Rouge
For SaleBaton Rouge, LA Homes for Sale
Living In Baton Rouge, LA
EVERYTHING TO KNOW ABOUT RENTING AN APARTMENT IN BATON ROUGE, LA
French for "Red Stick" and named this by French explorer Sieur d'Iberville in 1699, Baton Rouge invites you to experience its Creole and Cajun culture through delicious cuisine, foot-stomping music and colorful festivals.
This capital city of Louisiana sits on the eastern bank of the Mississippi River and provides residents looking for apartments to rent in Baton Rouge with an abundance of entertainment, from the Capitol Park Museum and ultra-modern Shaw Center for the Arts to LSU Tigers football and unique Creole eats.THE BEST NEIGHBORHOODS TO FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN BATON ROUGE
As the second-largest city in Louisiana, the generous selection of apartments in Baton Rouge are suitable for a variety of tastes. From historic communities dating back to the early 19th century to newer developments around LSU, the city has something for everyone. Let us help you narrow your search with a look at some of the best neighborhoods in Baton Rouge.
- East Baton Rouge: Located in the eastern part of the city is the Broadmoor/Sherwood Forest neighborhood. In this area, you’ll be close to the Old State Capitol, a beautiful building that looks like a castle out of a fairy tale. Residents give this area an A+ for diversity — saying it’s good for families and has great nightlife is too. Public schools in the area get an A rating average.
- Downtown: This is a good choice for those who prefer to be in the hustle and bustle of the central business district. It’s also made up of beautiful historic buildings, particularly in Downtown East, near historic Spanish Town. Here you’ll find an artsy neighborhood that is the site of the city's largest Mardi Gras parade.
- Jones Creek: A nice, quiet neighborhood, Jones Creek is well-maintained and pet-friendly. If you like to hike, the beautiful Shenandoah trails aren’t far from this neighborhood.
- Mid City: On the west side of this neighborhood is the Garden District. This area features Old World architecture and contains three neighborhoods on the Louisiana National Register of Historic Places. It's pricey but comes with perks like close proximity to I-10.
- Millerville: If you or someone in your family has ongoing medical concerns or you’re a healthcare worker with a job at Ochsner Medical Center, you might want an apartment in Millerville. The hospital is located on the outskirts of the neighborhood but near enough to make the commute an easy one.
- O’Neal: Looking for a neighborhood with a nice suburban feel? Try O’Neal! Residents love this area because there are plenty of sidewalks, making it easy to take an evening stroll. The yards are well-maintained, parking is easy to find and it’s also a dog-friendly neighborhood.
- South Baton Rouge: Two perks of this neighborhood: Less than 40 percent of the population has children and most residents report a commute of fewer than 20 minutes. That makes this neighborhood an ideal location for couples and single renters.
- South Burbank: Located along part of the Mississippi, this neighborhood is ideal for those who are looking for apartments for rent in Baton Rouge close to restaurants and other nightlife activities. For example, you might like to spend an evening at the L'Auberge Casino Hotel.
- South Campus: Another beautiful neighborhood located along the winding Mississippi River — consider apartments in this area if you’re a nature lover. Within the neighborhood, you have so many hiking and other outdoor activity options. Located here is Riverbend Park, BREC Farr Park Equestrian Center and the Levee Trailhead on Brightside Drive.
- Southwest Baton Rouge: The great thing about living here is that the cost of living is lower than the national average. Commutes are on the lower side as well, averaging less than a 25-minute drive.
FUN THINGS TO DO IN BATON ROUGE
If you’re new to Baton Rouge and are looking for things to do, you won’t be disappointed. This city of 224,000 residents has something for everyone, from the nature-lover to the gaming aficionado. Here are just a few of the exciting places to visit in Baton Rouge.
- Louisiana State Capitol Building: Located on 3rd St., this is the tallest capitol building in the U.S., measuring 450 feet. While admiring the grandeur of the building, be sure to venture onto the observation deck on the 27th floor for captivating views of the city. And don’t forget to visit the LSU Museum of Art.
- Baton Rouge Zoo: This zoo is a delight for the whole family, showcasing over 800 exotic animals. The trip is an easy one as the zoo is only 15 minutes from Downtown Baton Rouge.
- Louisiana Art & Science Museum: This museum will help encourage your child’s creative thinking abilities through art displays, a planetarium and interactive science exhibitions.
- Burbank Dog Park: If you live in the Burbank area, you’ll be happy to know that it is not only dog-friendly but that there’s a wonderful dog park here, too. It’s a great place to exercise your fur baby. They even allow off-leash activities.
- Belle of Baton Rouge Casino and Hotel: This casino is now a part of Ceasar’s Rewards! They have a variety of slots and electronic table games. Plus, their restaurants offer some delectable dining options.
GETAWAYS FROM BATON ROUGE
The distance from Baton Rouge to New Orleans is about 80 miles, so take that hour and a half drive to hear iconic jazz in the French Quarter or wander Magazine Street for antiques. The closest beaches to Baton Rouge are on the gorgeous Gulf of Mexico and include Gulfport, which is a little over two hours away, and Grand Isle, just three hours south.
FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN BATON ROUGE, LA
Finding a new place to live is a stressful experience. Be sure to use an apartment finder like Apartment Guide to help you locate your next rental property. Whether you’re looking for a pet-friendly apartment or simply want an affordable place to live, we’ll help you find apartments for rent in Baton Rouge that match your needs.
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About Baton Rouge
What is the average rent in Baton Rouge?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in Baton Rouge?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in Baton Rouge?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in Baton Rouge?
© 2021 RentPath Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath Holdings, Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath Holdings, Inc or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email email@example.com.