1. Home

Apartments for rent in Ozawkie, KS

Beds

157 Apartments

Local Guide

See what Ozawkie, KS has to offer.

Who Lives Here

Ozawkie Demographics

Education

High School

30%

Associate's

36%

Bachelor's

22%

Master's

10%

Doctorate

1%

Family Size

2 people

38%

3 people

15%

4 people

24%

5 people

11%

6+ people

12%

Household Income

0-50k

24%

50-100k

38%

100-150k

24%

150-200k

10%

200k+

4%

Age

0-10

19%

10-20

16%

20-45

30%

45-65

23%

65+

13%

Getting Around Ozawkie

Ozawkie Transportation

Commute Time

0-15 Mins

14%

15-30 Mins

32%

30-40 Mins

26%

40-60 Mins

21%

60+ Mins

7%

Ozawkie Education

Schools

Top Schools in Ozawkie

Information provided by GreatSchools. To verify school enrollment eligibility, contact the school district directly.

What You Need to Know

Renter Articles

All About

Living in Ozawkie, KS

A small town located in Kansas, Ozawkie has slightly less than 1,000 residents. It's a great place to raise a family, as children aged 5-14 account for a larger portion of the population here (26%) than nationally (19%), while young professionals are less well-represented. Overall, the town's residents, at an average age of just over 36, skew younger than most cities in Kansas. Renters tend to be in the minority in Ozawkie, and 91% of residents own their homes. The average rent for Ozawkie is $509 a month more than the state average.

Compared to the Kansas average, Ozawkie has a relatively high percentage of residents older than 25 who have earned a high school degree or equivalent (20%). In addition, 11% possess a Bachelor's degree and 6% have a Master's degree or Doctorate. Many Ozawkie residents work in one of three industries: public administration, healthcare, and construction. Combined, these industries account for 17% of the labor force in the town. Meanwhile, looking at job function, 7% of residents work in sales, which ranks as the top career path in the town. With an average annual income of nearly $82K, Ozawkie workers bring in more than their peers elsewhere in Kansas. The town's average income also compares favorably to the national average of $73,345.

Averaging about 33 minutes, Ozawkie's commute time is longer than the state average of about 20 minutes. Many residents (42%) commute to work by car or truck, while public transportation is not used. Walking isn't a common way to get to work.