List a Property
  1. Home
  2. Iowa
  3. Clear Lake
  4. Apartments for rent in Clear Lake, IA

9 Apartments Available
1 - 9 of 9 Apartments< Previous Page Next Page >


See what Clear Lake, IA has to offer
View Local Guide

All About

Living In Clear Lake, IA

Clear Lake, a small town in Iowa, has a population of slightly less than 8,000. Families with young children will fit right in, as kids under 5 account for an above-average percentage of the population, while young adults are less well-represented. At an average age of just under 43, the town's residents are older than most cities in Iowa. Only 25% of residents rent in Clear Lake, as home ownership is common in the town. Renters in the town benefit from a relatively low average rent of $695/month, which is $115 a month less than the state average.

Compared to the national average (19%), Clear Lake has a relatively high concentration of residents over the age of 25 with a Bachelor's or Associate's degree (23%). Additionally, 4% have a Master's or Doctoral degree. There are plenty of industries from which to choose in Clear Lake. The four most common are healthcare, retail, entertainment, and manufacturing. Combined, these industries account for 27% of the town's workforce. Meanwhile, in terms of job function, many workers in these industries are in sales, which ranks as the top career path in the town. Clear Lake workers take home an average annual income of just over $68,000, about the same as the average Iowa resident. However, Clear Lake compares less favorably to the national average ($73,345).

Clear Lake residents have an average commute of about 19 minutes, faster than nearly 80% of cities in Iowa. Many residents (45%) commute to work by car or truck, while public transportation is not used much. Cycling is the second-most preferred way to get to work, chosen by 1% of workers. A small percentage of commuters walk to work.

Frequently Asked Questions About Clear Lake

How much does it cost to rent in Clear Lake, IA?

Our Price Sort filter can help you find a rental at a cost that's perfect for your budget.

Is it expensive to rent in Clear Lake?

There are competitively priced rentals in the areaView All Rentals!

Are there any cheap apartments for rent in Clear Lake?

For the best deal, we recommend using our cheap apartments filter.

Are there any pet friendly apartments in Clear Lake?

Apply Apartment Guide's pet friendly filter to see only Clear Lake apartments that accept pets.

© 2021 RentPath Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath Holdings, Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath Holdings, Inc or its affiliates.

Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.

Information is copyrighted and school data provided by Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.

Download the app for Android and iOS

Local Guide