AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
South Bend Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning in South Bend
- Apartments with Balcony in South Bend
- Apartments with Disability Access in South Bend
- Apartments with Elevator in South Bend
- Apartments with Extra Storage in South Bend
- Apartments with Fiber Internet in South Bend
- Apartments with Fireplace in South Bend
- Apartments with Fitness Center in South Bend
- Apartments with Garage in South Bend
- Apartments with Gated Access in South Bend
- Apartments with Laundry Facility in South Bend
- Apartments with Specials & Deals in South Bend
- Apartments with Swimming Pool in South Bend
- Apartments with Utilities Included in South Bend
- Apartments with Virtual Tours in South Bend
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer Connections in South Bend
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit in South Bend
- Furnished Available Apartments in South Bend
- South Bend Apartment Deals
- Apartments with under $1000 in South Bend
- Apartments with under $1100 in South Bend
- Apartments with under $1200 in South Bend
- Apartments with under $1300 in South Bend
- Apartments with under $1400 in South Bend
- Apartments with under $1500 in South Bend
- Apartments with under $2000 in South Bend
- Apartments with under $500 in South Bend
- Apartments with under $600 in South Bend
- Apartments with under $700 in South Bend
- Apartments with under $800 in South Bend
- Apartments with under $900 in South Bend
Apartments Near South Bend
- University of Notre Dame, IN
- Holy Cross College, IN
- Saint Mary's College, IN
- Indiana University South Bend, IN
- Bethel College, IN
- Davenport University--Granger, IN
- Purdue University - Purdue Polytechnic South Bend, IN
- John Patrick University of Health and Applied Sciences, IN
- Ivy Tech Community College-Northcentral, IN
Living In South Bend, IN
EVERYTHING TO KNOW ABOUT RENTING AN APARTMENT IN SOUTH BEND, IN
South Bend has a dense suburban feel. There are just over 102,000 residents here, making it a small but vibrant city. If you’re looking for apartments to rent in South Bend, you won’t be disappointed. There are plenty to choose from and many are near fine dining establishments, shopping and must-visit locals such as Notre Dame.
THE BEST NEIGHBORHOODS TO FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN SOUTH BEND
South Bend is a wonderful place to live. In fact, multiple review sites give it an overall A rating for amenities, affordability, weather, employment rate and high-quality schools.
Which neighborhood should you choose? Here are our top picks for neighborhoods with apartments for rent in South Bend.
- Downtown: Residents love living Downtown because it gives them access to many high-rated restaurants, local theaters, concerts, shopping and more. With all these amenities, you might assume the area is quite expensive. Actually, it’s surprisingly affordable, especially when compared with the United States as a whole. The cost index of Downtown South Bend is 68.4 (the U.S. is 100) with housing receiving an index score of 29.4 (again, the U.S. is 100).
- Georgetown: People who live in this neighborhood feel that it’s a great place to raise a family. The public schools are highly rated as well.
- LaSalle Park: Over the past few years, many areas of the city have been renovated, including LaSalle Park. Green spaces look clean and well maintained. Previously empty storefronts are now filled with stores and restaurants. Old, dilapidated homes have been torn down and new ones, including apartment complexes, are being built.
- Miami Village: One of the perks of living in this neighborhood is the bike score — it’s a 67. While you’ll need access to a vehicle or take public transit to run major errands or get to work, there’s a good chance that you can get around town on your bike. It’s a great way to save money on gas, wear and tear on your car, get some exercise and do your part to protect the environment.
- Near Northwest: This neighborhood has a great bike score as well. It’s a family neighborhood with only 33 percent of the households consisting of two or fewer people. The other 67 percent have three or more, and of that, 15 percent have six or more. If you’re looking for a slow-paced, quiet neighborhood, this might not be the one for you. But if you’re looking for a family-friendly neighborhood, you’ve found the right place!
- Northeast South Bend: This area has multiple schools and learning centers, as well as two parks and a medical center. Residents say their average commute is about 15 minutes. Those who live here tend to be highly educated, with 28 percent having earned a Bachelor’s degree. Seven percent have their doctorate. Having received a higher education often means higher wages. While residents here do tend to earn more than those in other neighborhoods, the apartments in Northeast South Bend are still relatively affordable.
- Northshore Triangle: The bike score in this neighborhood is an incredible 79. If you love running around town on your bike, you should definitely consider renting in Northshore Triangle. Another perk: the average commute is less than 15 minutes by car. Two sides of the “triangle” are surrounded by St. Joseph River, which is the third-largest tributary into Lake Michigan. If you’re looking for a nice walk, try the three-mile Riverside Trail that winds around the west bank of the St. Joseph River.
- River Park: Residents who live in this neighborhood like it because it’s clean, dog-friendly and there is bountiful parking. Schools in the area have above-average reviews too. The walking score for this neighborhood is one of the highest in South Bend (60) and the bike score isn’t too shabby either (76).
- Southeast South Bend: If you’re religiously inclined or simply appreciate religious architecture and history, you might want to investigate apartments for rent in Southeast South Bend. In this small neighborhood, there are at least three churches: St. Matthew Cathedral, Emmaus Lutheran Church and the Broadway Christian Parish Church. The Ivy Tech Community College and Virginia M. Tutt Public Library are located in this neighborhood as well. The bike score is in the high 60s here, so you can easily travel the community for fun, exercise or errands on bike.
- West Washington: Looking for a historical district? West Washington might be the neighborhood for you. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places back in 1975. You can walk the neighborhood on your own or go on a walking tour to learn more about the historic landmarks. In addition to the historical draw, this area also boasts regular artistic exhibitions and performances. During the first Friday of every month, the downtown businesses and galleries open to the public and host classes, demonstrations and musical performances.
FUN THINGS TO DO IN SOUTH BEND
South Bend is home to the University of Notre Dame and the recent candidate for president in the 2020 Democratic Party presidential primaries, Pete Buttigieg. Besides the political significance of the area and the historic landmarks (which you really do need to see!), South Bend has numerous fun and diverting activities that will easily fill your spare time. Here are some of our favorites.
- South Bend International Airport: Whether you travel for business or simply want to take a quick trip to Las Vegas, Orlando or New York, the friendly folks at this airport will help you get there safely and comfortably.
- Four Winds Casino Resort: Ready to try your luck? Visit this Casino Resort to gamble, take in a show or treat yourself to a delectable meal.
- Notre Dame Stadium: As a South Bend, Indiana resident, you’ll definitely need to support the Fighting Irish. Make sure to catch a football game or two each season at this famed outdoor stadium.
- Potawatomi Zoo: You’ll get to meet over 500 animals throughout this 23-acre park, including farm animals, lions, kangaroos, reptiles, owls, monkeys and more.
- Morris Performing Arts Center: On Michigan Street, you’ll find the stunning Morris Performing Arts Center. Originally opened in 1922, the building is a historical marvel and is listed on the National Historic Register. The Center hosts live concerts, Broadway touring plays and musicals. It is also home to the South Bend Symphony Orchestra.
- South Bend Farmer’s Market: Located on Northside Boulevard, this farmer’s market is open three days a week. As you browse, you’ll find baked goods, coffee, tea, CBD products, handmade gifts, handmade soaps and candles, jewelry, prepared foods and of course, seasonal fruits and vegetables.
- Studebaker National Museum: This museum has permanent exhibits, as well as special exhibits and events. The permanent collection includes the world’s largest collection of U.S. Presidential Carriages
- Basilica of the Sacred Heart: Located five minutes from North Notre Dame Avenue, the Basilica of the Sacred Heart is a spectacle to behold. Come to worship or simply take in the awe-inspiring architecture and stained glass.
GETAWAYS FROM SOUTH BEND
Approximately two hours from South Bend is the Cool Creek Park in Carmel, Indiana. It’s a 90-acre park full of family fun. Take your kids to the playground or the indoor nature center. Get some exercise and enjoy the natural beauty of Indiana on one of the many walking trails in the park.
If you love elephants, you need to drive to the Wilstem Ranch in Paoli, Indiana. Yes, it’s an elephant ranch in Indiana! Not only will you learn about these majestic animals, but you’ll also be able to feed and bathe them during their spa sessions.
Chicago is always a treat, and it’s only an hour and forty minutes away. While there, you can take in all of the incredible architectural attractions Chicago has to offer on the Chicago Architecture River Cruise.
FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN SOUTH BEND, IN
Finding a new place to live is a stressful experience. Be sure to use an apartment finder like Apartment Guide to help you locate your next rental property. Whether you’re looking for a pet-friendly apartment or simply want an affordable place to live, we’ll help you find apartments for rent in South Bend that match your needs.
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About South Bend
What is the average rent in South Bend?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in South Bend?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in South Bend?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in South Bend?
© 2022 Rent Group Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of Rent Group Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of Rent Group Inc. or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email email@example.com.