1. Home
  2. Indiana
  3. Plainfield
  4. Apartments for rent in Plainfield, IN

210 Apartments Available
1 - 37 of 210 Apartments< Previous Page Next Page >

All about

Plainfield, IN

Plainfield is a small city in Indiana with just over 31,000 residents. The city's residents, at an average age of just over 37, skew younger than most cities in Indiana. Most Plainfield residents own their homes, and 34% of residents rent. The average rent for Plainfield is $217 per month more than the state average.

Plainfield has a relatively high number of residents older than 25 with a high school degree or equivalent (21%) compared to the national average. Further, 13% have a Bachelor's degree and 6% possess a Master's degree or Doctorate. Many Plainfield residents work in one of three industries: healthcare, retail, and manufacturing. Combined, these industries make up 19% of the city's workforce. Meanwhile, in terms of job function, many of the city's workers are in sales, as 8% of the city's population reports this as their field of work, the highest number of any field. With an average annual income of about $71,000, Plainfield workers earn around $9,000 more than the average Indiana resident. The city's average income, however, is roughly on par with the national average of $73,345.

Plainfield has an average commute time of about 24 minutes, faster than around 70% of cities in Indiana. Many residents (43%) commute to work by car, while public transportation is not used. A small percentage of workers commute on foot.

Average Rent in Plainfield

Studio1 Bed2 Bed3 Bed
Jan 20$904$1,042$1,165
Dec 199011,0491,177
Nov 199011,0991,165
Oct 199011,0651,177
Sep 199011,0851,177
Aug 199391,2441,394
Jul 191,0011,2471,535
Jun 199841,2441,535
May 199791,2411,485
Apr 199691,2211,422
Mar 199711,1861,415
Feb 199611,1631,415
*The rent information included in this summary is based on a median calculation of multifamily rental property inventory on Apartment Guide and Rent.com over the past 12-months and is for illustrative purposes only. This information does not constitute a pricing guarantee or financial advice related to the rental market.

Frequently Asked Questions About Plainfield

Looking for a cheap Plainfield apartment?

For the best deal, we recommend using our cheap apartments filter.

You can also filter by price: Under $600, Under $800, Under $900, Under $1000, Under $1200

How Many Bedrooms Do You Need?

Are you living by yourself, with your family, or do you have roommates? Choose the number of bedrooms that match your needs: Studio, 1 Bedroom, 2 Bedroom, 3 Bedroom.

Do you need a pet-friendly Plainfield apartment?

If you have a dog or cat, you'll need to find an apartment in Plainfield that accepts pets. Apply Apartment Guide's pet friendly filter to see only Plainfield apartments that accept pets. Remember to read the apartment's specific guidelines for acceptable pet breeds and weights if applicable.

© 2020 RentPath, LLC. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath, LLC. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath, LLC or its affiliates.

Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.

Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.

Download the ApartmentGuide.com app for Android and iOS