AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
Peoria Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning in Peoria
- Apartments with Balcony in Peoria
- Apartments with Disability Access in Peoria
- Apartments with Elevator in Peoria
- Apartments with Extra Storage in Peoria
- Apartments with Fireplace in Peoria
- Apartments with Fitness Center in Peoria
- Apartments with Garage in Peoria
- Apartments with Gated Access in Peoria
- Apartments with Laundry Facility in Peoria
- Apartments with Swimming Pool in Peoria
- Apartments with Utilities Included in Peoria
- Apartments with Virtual Tours in Peoria
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer Connections in Peoria
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit in Peoria
- Furnished Available Apartments in Peoria
Apartments Near Peoria
Living In Peoria, IL
EVERYTHING TO KNOW ABOUT RENTING AN APARTMENT IN PEORIA, IL
Peoria is a river city along the beautiful Illinois River in Central Illinois. When you look for apartments for rent, you’ll likely get a picturesque view that only a riverfront city can provide.
Located less than three hours from Chicago, Peoria is far enough away from the big city to give you some peace but close enough for you to schedule some fun day trips!
THE BEST NEIGHBORHOODS TO FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN PEORIAIf you’ve been searching for the best apartments for rent in Peoria, we have you covered. Below are some of the best neighborhoods in this city of 113,500. We’ve listed something for everyone: singles looking for great nightlife options, neighborhoods that are a great fit for families and those with the shortest commute.
- Central Peoria: For those who love being in the center of city life, Central Peoria apartments will be a great fit. It’s ideal for students as many of the apartments are close to Bradley University and priced affordably.
- Charter Oak Village: In this small neighborhood (fewer than 2,500 residents), most of the residents are in their mid-to-late-40s. It’s conveniently located to hiking trails, schools, restaurants and live music. Residents love the area because it’s family-friendly, peaceful, clean, quiet and safe.
- Downtown Peoria: The Downtown area is popular because of its diversity, as well as its vibrant music and art scenes. It’s home to a creative, eclectic community who love participating in poetry clubs, going to the theater and enjoying a night at the symphony. Besides art and music, there are many parks and golf courses.
- Lexington Hills: Nearly 100 percent of residents in this neighborhood commute to work. Thankfully, the average commute is only around 20 minutes. The apartments in this area tend to be more affordable, so if you’re on a tight budget, definitely consider this neighborhood.
- North Peoria: This neighborhood gets a high rating from residents for the friendly neighbors and small community feel. It’s close to the Forest Park Nature Center, as well as Upper Peoria Lake. The average commute is approximately 20 minutes.
- Northwest Peoria: If you’re looking for apartments in Peoria with a residential feel, you should consider Northwest Peoria. Prices are also affordable in this area, too.
- South Peoria: The median age in this area is 34 years. About 17 percent of the population is under the age of 17 years. In this neighborhood of affordable, residential homes and apartment buildings you’ll be close to multiple medical facilities including Proctor Hospital and Kindred Hospital.
- Warehouse District: If living within walking distance of restaurants and bars is important to you, you should definitely consider this neighborhood. Over the past decade, there’s been a lot of business growth, so it’s a bustling part of Peoria. Yet, the apartments in this community are still on the affordable side.
- West Bluff: Over half the residents who live in this neighborhood are couples in their 30s without children (nearly 77 percent). The walking and biking scores are in the 40s, so it’s best to have a vehicle or access to one if you live in this area.
- Willow Knolls: Mature trees, a well-established neighborhood, easy access to restaurants, bars and shops — this is Willow Knolls. The homes in the area are well maintained and aren’t cookie-cutter homes. Residents also enjoy a vibrant atmosphere with friendly neighbors.
FUN THINGS TO DO IN PEORIA
When searching for apartments for rent in Peoria, it’s important to take into consideration what sort of attractions are nearby. If you love nature, you might want to live near a park or nature reserve. If you love to travel, living near an airport is ideal. Following are some of the fun things you’ll find to do in Peoria.
- Peoria Zoo: There is so much to see at the Peoria Zoo that you’ll definitely need to plan multiple trips in order to take everything in. Here you’ll find exhibits that teach visitors about animals in Asia, Africa, Australia and more. There are daily presentations, too. The zoo often hosts special events, and you can even adopt an animal.
- Forest Park Nature Center: If you’re a lover of the great outdoors, this park is for you. They have seven miles of hiking trails that are ideal for bird watching. Guided hiking tours are available, as are nature classes for nature lovers of all ages.
- Luthy Botanical Gardens: Covering 4.5 acres, this combination botanical garden and tropical conservatory is located in Glen Oak Park. They provide seasonal shows, including a Poinsettia Show in the late fall/early winter months. In addition to casual visits, guests can also host special events, such as weddings or corporate events.
- Elevate Trampoline Park: When it comes to recreation, are you into things that are a bit different, perhaps even extreme or extraordinary? Then, you need to check out this trampoline park, a 35,100-square-foot indoor activity center where you can go to workout, have some fun with your kids or host a party. Jumpers of all ages and skill levels are welcome. Plus, they have laser tag.
- General Downing - Peoria International Airport: In the early-1930s, the residents of Peoria voted to have an airport in their town. What they got was a civilian and military international airport. If you’re a travel buff, finding apartments in Peoria near the airport is a must!
- The Peoria Farmers’ Market: Located on North University Street, the farmer’s market at the Metro Center was founded in the late-1970s. The vision of community leaders at that time was to bring consumers and farmers together, providing residents of Central Illinois with fresh, local produce. When you visit the market, you’ll be impressed with the relaxed atmosphere, as well as the variety of products available besides fresh produce, including local pasta and flowers.
GETAWAYS FROM PEORIA
Springfield, IL, the capital of Illinois, is just over an hour away from Peoria. The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum is in Springfield, as well as numerous other historical buildings of interest. If you’re an art lover, you might want to visit Rockford, which is just under three hours north of Peoria. Rockford is home to the Greenwich Village Art Fair, On the Waterfront (the largest street festival in the state), the Rockford Art Museum and the Illinois Snow Sculpting Competition. And we can’t forget Chicago, home to Wrigley Field, Millennium Park, the Magnificent Mile and the Skydeck observatory.
FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN PEORIA, IL
Finding a new place to live is a stressful experience. Be sure to use an apartment finder like Apartment Guide to help you locate your next rental property. Whether you’re looking for a pet-friendly apartment or simply want an affordable place to live, we’ll help you find apartments for rent in Peoria that match your needs.
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About Peoria
What is the average rent in Peoria?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in Peoria?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in Peoria?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in Peoria?
© 2021 RentPath Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath Holdings, Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath Holdings, Inc or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email email@example.com.