1. Home
  2. Hawaii
  3. Wailuku
  4. Apartments for rent in Wailuku, HI

80 Apartments Available
1 - 20 of 80 Apartments< Previous Page Next Page >

LOCAL GUIDE

See what Wailuku, HI has to offer
View Local Guide

All About

Living In Wailuku, HI

A small city in Hawaii, Wailuku has a population of just under 17,000. Families with young children are common, as kids under 5 make up an above-average percentage of the community, while young adults account for a smaller percentage of the city. Renters tend to be in the minority in Wailuku, and 56% of residents own their homes. Renters in the city benefit from a relatively low average rent of $1,260/month, which is $257/month less than the state average.

Compared to the national average (5%), Wailuku has a high percentage of residents over the age of 25 with an Associate's degree (8%). Additionally, 11% possess a Bachelor's degree and 6% have a Master's or Doctoral degree. There are two primary industries in Wailuku: entertainment and retail. Combined, these industries account for 17% of the workforce in the city. Meanwhile, in terms of job function, many residents work in sales, as 8% of the city's population reports this as their field of work, the highest number of any profession. Wailuku workers take home an average annual income of just over $83,000, about $6,000 less than those elsewhere in Hawaii. However, Wailuku compares more favorably to the national average ($73,345).

Averaging about 25 minutes, Wailuku's commute time is shorter than the state average of about 30 minutes. Many residents (43%) drive themselves to work, while public transit isn't used much. Walking isn't a common means of commuting to work.


Frequently Asked Questions About Wailuku

Looking for a cheap Wailuku apartment?

For the best deal, we recommend using our cheap apartments filter.

How Many Bedrooms Do You Need?

Are you living by yourself, with your family, or do you have roommates? Choose the number of bedrooms that match your needs: Studio, 1 Bedroom, 2 Bedroom, 3 Bedroom.

How Can I Tour Virtually During Covid19 & Social Distancing?

You can virtually tour any apartment by using our Wailuku, HI Virtual Tours filter. All properties in this filter contain either a 3d tour or a video tour.

Do you need a pet-friendly Wailuku apartment?

If you have a dog or cat, you'll need to find an apartment in Wailuku that accepts pets. Apply Apartment Guide's pet friendly filter to see only Wailuku apartments that accept pets. Remember to read the apartment's specific guidelines for acceptable pet breeds and weights if applicable.
Artboard

© 2020 RentPath, LLC. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath, LLC. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath, LLC or its affiliates.

Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.

Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.

Download the ApartmentGuide.com app for Android and iOS