1. Home

Apartments for rent in Hanapepe, HI

8 Properties

Local Guide

See what Hanapepe, HI has to offer.

Who Lives Here

Hanapepe Demographics

Education

High School

49%

Associate's

32%

Bachelor's

13%

Master's

6%

Doctorate

0%

Family Size

2 people

34%

3 people

25%

4 people

23%

5 people

10%

6+ people

8%

Household Income

0-50k

29%

50-100k

38%

100-150k

23%

150-200k

7%

200k+

3%

Age

0-10

12%

10-20

14%

20-45

29%

45-65

24%

65+

21%

Getting Around Hanapepe

Hanapepe Transportation

Commute Time

0-15 Mins

29%

15-30 Mins

20%

30-40 Mins

30%

40-60 Mins

14%

60+ Mins

7%

Top Scores: Pet, Restaurant, Nightlife

Things To Do In Hanapepe

Top Score

Pet Services

3/5 stars based on undefined reviews

It's pawsible that your pets will fall in love with Hanapepe.

  1. Few pet facilities per resident
  2. 100% fewer pet facilities than average
  3. 100% fewer pet facilities than areas of a similar size

Restaurants

2/5 stars based on undefined reviews

Hanapepe serves up a dining scene that's only lukewarm.

  1. A high number of restaurants per resident
  2. 92% fewer restaurants than average
  3. 22% fewer restaurants than areas of a similar size

Nightlife

2/5 stars based on undefined reviews

You'll need to stock up the mini-bar. Hanapepe is running dry.

  1. Few bars and clubs per resident
  2. 100% fewer bars and clubs than average
  3. 100% fewer bars and clubs than areas of a similar size

Health and Fitness

2/5 stars based on undefined reviews

You'll have to workout somewhere else to keep fit.

  1. A high number of gyms per resident
  2. 75% fewer gyms than average
  3. Significantly more gyms than areas of a similar size

Fine Arts

2/5 stars based on undefined reviews

You gotta Van Gogh somewhere else for art.

  1. A high number of fine art centers per resident
  2. 98% more fine art centers than average
  3. Significantly more fine art centers than areas of a similar size

Grocery Stores

1.5/5 stars based on undefined reviews

This supermarket score is far from superior.

  1. A high number of grocery stores per resident
  2. 47% fewer grocery stores than average
  3. Significantly more grocery stores than areas of a similar size

Parks

1.5/5 stars based on undefined reviews

Room for improvement. More parks please.

  1. Few parks per resident
  2. 100% fewer parks than average
  3. 100% fewer parks than areas of a similar size

Gas Stations

1/5 stars based on undefined reviews

The gas stations here are few and far between.

  1. Few gas stations per resident
  2. 100% fewer gas stations than average
  3. 100% fewer gas stations than areas of a similar size

Hanapepe Education

Schools

Top Schools in Hanapepe

Information provided by GreatSchools. To verify school enrollment eligibility, contact the school district directly.

What You Need to Know

Renter Articles

All About

Living in Hanapepe, HI

A small town located in Hawaii, Hanapepe has a population of slightly less than 3,000. It's a nice place to settle down, as retirees make up a greater percentage of the population (19%) here than they do nationally (14%). Most Hanapepe residents own their homes, and 37% of residents rent. Renters in the town benefit from a relatively low average rent of $1,222/month, which is $294/month less than the state average.

Hanapepe has an average commute time of about 25 minutes, faster than the Hawaii average of about 30 minutes. Driving is the typical means of commuting to work, selected by 50% of residents, while public transit is not used extensively. Relatively few residents commute to work on foot.

Hanapepe has a high percentage of residents older than 25 who have earned a Bachelor's or Associate's degree (28%) compared to the national average (19%). In addition, 4% have a Master's degree or Doctorate. There are three primary industries in Hanapepe: entertainment, healthcare, and retail. Combined, these industries account for 23% of the workforce in the town. Meanwhile, looking at job function, many of the town's residents work in sales, which ranks as the top field in the town. With an average annual income of about $85K, Hanapepe workers earn roughly the same as the average Hawaii resident. However, Hanapepe compares more favorably to the national average of $73,345.