AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
Athens Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning in Athens
- Apartments with Balcony in Athens
- Apartments with Disability Access in Athens
- Apartments with Elevator in Athens
- Apartments with Extra Storage in Athens
- Apartments with Fireplace in Athens
- Apartments with Fitness Center in Athens
- Apartments with Gated Access in Athens
- Apartments with Laundry Facility in Athens
- Apartments with Specials & Deals in Athens
- Apartments with Swimming Pool in Athens
- Apartments with Utilities Included in Athens
- Apartments with Virtual Tours in Athens
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer Connections in Athens
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit in Athens
- Furnished Available Apartments in Athens
- Athens Apartment Deals
- Apartments with under $1000 in Athens
- Apartments with under $1100 in Athens
- Apartments with under $1200 in Athens
- Apartments with under $1300 in Athens
- Apartments with under $1400 in Athens
- Apartments with under $1500 in Athens
- Apartments with under $2000 in Athens
- Apartments with under $500 in Athens
- Apartments with under $600 in Athens
- Apartments with under $700 in Athens
- Apartments with under $800 in Athens
- Apartments with under $900 in Athens
Apartments Near Athens
Living In Athens, GA
Everything to Know About Finding Apartments for Rent in Athens, GA
Athens is most famously known for being home to the University of Georgia, and if you decide to rent an apartment in Athens, then you'll be at the center of this collegiate experience. The university is also a big draw as the largest employer in the city.
Outside the university, Athens also holds mass appeal to all the foodies out there. With a farmers market and plenty of amazing eateries, it's a great place to fuel up before hitting the vibrant bar scene. Not only will you feel the essence of a college town while living here, but the antebellum architecture will also make sure you remember you're in Georgia.
An active and energetic town, at least most of the year, Athens is a great place to decide to live.
The Best Neighborhoods to Find Apartments for Rent in Athens
This is a college town, and with it comes all the activity, entertainment and energy you'd expect. But, finding apartments for rent in Athens doesn't mean surrounding yourself with students. There are a few neighborhoods that set themselves apart from the collegiate bustle.
- Downtown Athens: Sandwiched between UGA's North Campus and a peaceful residential section of town, you'll find Downtown Athens. Here is where it all happens. In the cultural and commercial center of the city, you can sample live music, pop into a trendy shop or art gallery or sit and hang at a cafe, bar or restaurant. It's all within walking distance for a full day or night.
- Five Points: A unique and sophisticated atmosphere greets you when entering Five Points. This neighborhood has plenty to keep you occupied between bars, restaurants and shops. The local flare and dedicated investment in this special community make it a phenomenal place to live.
- Eastside Athens: A little more budget-friendly than some local spots, Eastside Athens keeps you close to the action at a lower price, on average. With more established neighborhoods throughout, you're not far from shopping, dining and an excellent park with plenty of activities.
- Milledge Avenue/Historic District: Walking through Milledge Avenue can take you through history with some of the best architectural examples within Athens. What began as a prominent residential community has transitioned to have more commercial spaces promoting local activity. Living in this neighborhood will give you a lot to look at without taking you too far away from everything else the city offers.
- North Avenue: Less than ten minutes from the University of Georgia, North Avenue attracts students, faculty and staff, giving it a nice mix of residents. While there is a lot of student housing here, you can find affordable places to rent. Mostly residential, the neighborhood only boasts a few small stores, but getting to other locations for eating or going out is easy.
- Normaltown: The first neighborhood of Athens to get electricity, Normaltown, has a long history. Today, you'll find a welcoming and friendly neighborhood with everything you need in a one-block radius. This means local restaurants, bars, bakeries and more are all right next to each other for your convenience. This retro, stylish neighborhood is a great find in the city.
- Westside: One of the popular areas to call home in Athens, the Westside offers up in-town living with easy access to commute outside Athens. Living here you're not only close to local favorites when it comes to shopping and dining, but also Ben Burton Park, a hidden gem when it comes to hiking and dog walking.
- Atlanta Highway: You know you're heading down the Atlanta Highway as you cruise down Route 78 in Athens. Yes, the B-52's, local to Athens, were talking about this particular stretch when they were looking for the "Love Shack." What you'll find today is a decent stretch of neighborhood broken up by the Middle Oconee River. Here residents enjoy all that Athens has to offer thanks to the area's proximity and development.
- Downtown Historic District: One of 17 historic districts in Athens, there are plenty of great things to see in the Downtown Historic District. Restored Victorian-era buildings line the streets and house independent shops, restaurants and music venues. The oldest surviving vaudeville theatre is also here among many other worthwhile sights. Living in this part of town provides a unique experience because there's always something to do.
- Cedar Creek: A quiet spot among the bustle of being a college town, Cedar Creek is known for its tree-lined streets and natural beauty. It's not out of the question to see a deer or fox running through the neighborhood or catch a glimpse of local wildlife while at Cedar Creek Stream. 14 green spaces contribute to the tranquility of this local oasis.
Fun Things to Do in Athens
With a lot of activity centered around the University of Georgia's campus, you don't always have to go far to find something to do in Athens. Take advantage of the school spirit as well as the city's many green spaces and family-friendly activities -- you'll always have something to do.
- Bear Hollow Zoo calls its residents ambassadors for their species, and as a refuge for wildlife who can't return to the wild, it's appropriate. Come learn about the creatures we share space with and get closer to animals you'll easily recognize.
- Go Dawgs! No trip to Athens is complete without a stop at Sanford Stadium. Come see college football at its best with spirited crowds full of UGA students, alums and lifelong fans.
- If it's time for some retail therapy, and a break from the students, Georgia Square Mall mostly serves locals. A nod to when malls were still a popular location to venture to, pop in for shopping and a little nostalgia.
- When the weather is right, make plans to spend a day at Memorial Park. Here, you'll not only find natural trails and playground equipment, but also an excellent dog park, fishing pond and swimming pool. This is one of the most popular parks in the city, especially for families.
- When it's time for a little outdoor activity, set aside time to explore the Oconee River Greenway. A trail along the Oconee River, it includes fishing areas and even a farmers market. You can bring your boat and put in at any of the available boat ramps.
- Managed by the University of Georgia, the State Botanical Garden of Georgia shares 313 acres of natural beauty with visitors. Come here to see a wide range of collections, but make sure to stop at the Children's Garden if you're bringing kids. This space lets children play and while inspiring a love of nature.
- If you're already on campus at UGA, try to make time for the Georgia Museum of Art. This is the official art museum of the entire state with a permanent collection featuring American paintings, Italian Renaissance art, southern decorative art and Asian art.
- To take in some contemporary art, swing over to the Lyndon House Arts Center. This center offers rotating exhibits as well as an extensive art education program for both children and adults.
- A massive outdoor area, complete with a lake, Sandy Creek Park is over 780 acres. This recreational area contains nature trails and disc golf, not to mention all the boating activities on Lake Chapman.
- The big draw of Southeast Clarke Park might be the World of Wonder Playground, but this is a space for everyone to enjoy. The park also contains tennis courts, athletic fields, nature trails, a skate park and a dog park. It's a great place to play at any age.
Getaways from Athens
While the obvious answer is to head to the "big city" of Atlanta, planning a getaway from Athens doesn't have to take an expected route. Georgia has plenty more to offer travelers.
Drive out to Augusta, the state's other big city, to play some golf or even catch the Masters Tournament at the right time of year. You can also hit up a portion of the Appalachian Trail and take an extended camping trip in the Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest. Finally, Macon is yet another Georgia town that won't disappoint, with its beautiful, historic district and mansions.
Staying in-state can keep you busy when it's time to get away from Athens.
Find Apartments for Rent in Athens
Finding a new place to live is a stressful experience. Be sure to use an apartment finder like Apartment Guide to help you locate your next rental property. Whether you're looking for a pet-friendly apartment or simply want an affordable place to live, we'll help you find apartments for rent in Athens that match your needs.
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About Athens
How much does it cost to rent in Athens, GA?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in Athens?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in Athens?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in Athens?
© 2023 Rent Group Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of Rent Group Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of Rent Group Inc. or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email email@example.com.