AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
Lakeland Apartment Features
Apartments Near Lakeland
Living In Lakeland, FL
EVERYTHING TO KNOW ABOUT RENTING AN APARTMENT IN LAKELAND, FL
Lakeland, FL is a suburban city nestled between Tampa and Orlando filled with lakes, unique shops and quaint historical districts. It’s a great location if you want access to Florida’s sunny weather, golf courses and attractions.
With a population of more than 110,000, Lakeland has plenty of great restaurants, nature and easy access to the cities of Tampa and Orlando. Lakeland is also home to Lakeland Regional Medical Center, Lakeland Linder Intl Airport and Florida Southern College. If you are looking for apartments for rent in Lakeland, you’ll find many affordable options.
THE BEST NEIGHBORHOODS TO FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN LAKELAND
Lakeland offers the best of both worlds — nature as well as a small city environment. There are a variety of neighborhoods with apartments for rent in Lakeland. Here are a few:
- Autumnwood Grove: This is a relatively new community next to US Highway 98 (Bartow Road) where building started as recently as 2008. You can find many townhomes here.
- Cobblestone Landing Townhomes: Conveniently located next to I-4, Cobblestone Landing Townhomes offer comfortable living with easy access to commuting.
- Dixieland: This nostalgic neighborhood is known for its historical, quaint homes and small businesses.
- Downtown Lakeland is surrounded by lakes and also offers charming shops, diverse cuisine, businesses, museums and more.
- Edgewood: You can find villa-style apartments in Edgewood with access to sparkling swimming pools, great for relaxation and rejuvenation!
- East Lake Morton: East Lake Morton is a historical district with beautiful architecture primarily built during the Florida Boom of 1920 to 1926.
- Grasslands: Grasslands is a private and gated country club community — a great spot if you love golf!
- Lake Bentley: Lakeland clearly got its name due to its numerous lakes; this area also has its own lake and is close to shopping and restaurants.
- Lake Hollingsworth: This area is a great place to live for fitness buffs who enjoy walking around the lake — it’s also right next to Florida Southern College.
- Oakbridge: This area is located just north of Polk Parkway to the right of Harden Road, making it convenient for access to shops and freeways.
FUN THINGS TO DO IN LAKELAND
Lakeland has a lot of fun things to do for people of all ages. When finding apartments for rent in Lakeland, consider checking out:
- For a fun side trip, the Dixieland Dragon is a “Lawn Sea Monster” that was crafted by local welder Keith Williams out of scrap metal.
- Lakeland is home to a variety of wild animals at Safari Wilderness, where you will find herds of African and Asian species on 260 acres of pristine Florida wilderness.
- Go to the Grasslands Golf & Country Club for a golf course that gets excellent ratings for its “great atmosphere.”
- Ready to do some shopping? Head over to Lakeland Square Mall!
- Hollis Garden is a beautiful place within Lake Mirror Park to experience a variety of plants and fountains set on a 1.2 acre formal botanical garden.
- Lake Hollingsworth is a popular place for walkers, runners and bikers who like to circle the Lake-to-Lake trail surrounding the lake.
- If you like to fish, you can go boating in Lake Hunter – watch out for alligators!
- Lakeland Downtown Farmers’ Market offers fresh fruit and vegetables; don’t forget that Plant City's strawberry farms are nearby!
- The Lakeland Public Library is a good place to go to get out of the heat. They have many special programs for kids and adults.
- The Polk Museum of Art is ranked as one of the best art museums in Florida.
GETAWAYS FROM LAKELAND
Lakeland has the benefit of being close to two great location destinations: Tampa and Orlando. Between Tampa and Lakeland is Plant City, which is known for its famous Florida Strawberry Festival. A little west along I-4 right outside of Plant City is the kitschy Dinosaur World. West of Tampa, you’ll find the beautiful beaches in Clearwater, FL. To the East in Orlando, your family can enjoy Disneyworld, Universal Studios Orlando and water parks. You can also head south to enjoy the bustling city of Miami.
FIND APARTMENTS FOR RENT IN LAKELAND, FL
Finding a new place to live is a stressful experience. Be sure to use an apartment finder like Apartment Guide to help you locate your next rental property. Whether you’re looking for a pet-friendly apartment or simply want an affordable place to live, we’ll help you find apartments for rent in Lakeland that match your needs.
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About Lakeland
What is the average rent in Lakeland?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in Lakeland?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in Lakeland?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in Lakeland?
© 2022 Rent Group Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of Rent Group Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of Rent Group Inc. or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.