AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
San Jose Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning in San Jose
- Apartments with Balcony in San Jose
- Apartments with Disability Access in San Jose
- Apartments with Elevator in San Jose
- Apartments with Extra Storage in San Jose
- Apartments with Fiber Internet in San Jose
- Apartments with Fireplace in San Jose
- Apartments with Fitness Center in San Jose
- Apartments with Garage in San Jose
- Apartments with Gated Access in San Jose
- Apartments with Laundry Facility in San Jose
- Apartments with Specials & Deals in San Jose
- Apartments with Swimming Pool in San Jose
- Apartments with Utilities Included in San Jose
- Apartments with Virtual Tours in San Jose
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer Connections in San Jose
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit in San Jose
- Furnished Available Apartments in San Jose
- San Jose Apartment Deals
- Apartments with under $1000 in San Jose
- Apartments with under $1100 in San Jose
- Apartments with under $1200 in San Jose
- Apartments with under $1300 in San Jose
- Apartments with under $1400 in San Jose
- Apartments with under $1500 in San Jose
- Apartments with under $2000 in San Jose
- Apartments with under $900 in San Jose
- Apartments near Public Transportation in San Jose
- Cheap Apartments in San Jose
- Income Restricted Apartments in San Jose
- Loft Layout Apartments in San Jose
- Luxury Apartments in San Jose
- New Construction Apartments in San Jose
- Pet Friendly Apartments in San Jose
- Senior Living Apartments in San Jose
- Short Term Apartments in San Jose
Apartments Near San Jose
Living In San Jose, CA
Everything to Know About Finding Apartments for Rent in San Jose, CA
Cities like San Jose have a lot going for it. Home to some gorgeous weather, and Silicon Valley, locals work hard but know how to take it easy. The third-largest city in California, San Jose offers up plenty of tech-related jobs, proximity to beaches and mountains, eclectic neighborhoods to call home and a thriving arts and cultural scene.
Spend one, or more, of the 300 days of sunshine taking in this bustling city.
The Best Neighborhoods to Find Apartments for Rent in San Jose
Nestled into Silicon Valley, you'd think San Jose would be all business, but the special flare each neighborhood brings shows you the depth of the city. Don't discount any location while looking for apartments to rent in San Jose.
- Downtown: Home to buildings that date back to the 1870s, in San Jose's downtown, you'll find structures from almost every period of the city's growth. This cultural center of San Jose features plenty of museums, theaters, bars, restaurants and shops along East Santa Clara Street and throughout the neighborhood.
- Riverview: A smaller neighborhood, Riverview offers residents an affordable community with plenty of music, outdoor activities and fun. This is modern, urban living at its best. Local shops, fine dining and entertainment are all within reach.
- Central San Jose: The heart of Silicon Valley, Central San Jose serves as the city's commercial and financial hub. This neighborhood has something for everyone. It attracts young professionals, families and empty-nesters alike.
- Willow Glen: Labeled San Jose's "local treasure," Willow Glen offers residents history, amenities, excellent schools and picturesque parks. It even has its own downtown district, a walkable area full of cute shops, art studios and trendy restaurants.
- The Woods: A gated community, The Woods provides an extra level of privacy and peacefulness for its residents. But, the gates won't keep you away from the area amenities, which include plenty of daytime activities and a thriving nightlife.
- South San Jose: Attractive to a diverse group of locals, South San Jose is where the professionals live. Home to many tech companies, this neighborhood serves as a more affordable option for those working in the surrounding areas. It's not all business though, with plenty of parks, bike paths and trails to explore.
- Japantown: A small, historic neighborhood, Japantown's claim to fame is its authentic cuisine. From Japanese to Hawaiian, you'll find delicious restaurants nestled among eclectic shops and happening bars. The community here is friendly, welcoming, close-knit and proud of their cultural heritage.
- North San Jose: Home to the famous San Jose Flea Market, North San Jose is the perfect place to go antiquing. Close to the Guadalupe River Park, hiking through natural beauty is also easy. When it comes to food, the neighborhood surprises with an array of global restaurants.
- West Valley: If you're looking for a mystery, consider living in West Valley. Home to plenty of sports bars, cafes, sushi and vegan restaurants, the neighborhood also holds something special. See the staircase that goes nowhere in the Winchester Mystery House.
- River Oaks: An excellent spot for commuters, River Oaks is one of San Jose's more upscale neighborhoods. Situated near many of the large tech companies in the area, professionals can live close to work but have a quiet retreat to come home to each night.
Fun Things to Do in San Jose
After finding an apartment for rent in San Jose, you'll find plenty of great nearby activities for the whole family. From parks to museums, art to history, San Jose offers up indoor and outdoor activities authentic to the area.
- Make your first stop at California's oldest municipal park. Alum Rock Park is set within a canyon at the foothills of the Diablo Range. Its 720 acres of rugged and natural landscape are ideal for hiking, biking and horseback riding. You'll even find perfect picnic areas.
- If college football is on your to-do list, make sure to visit Cefcu Stadium. Home to the San Jose State University Spartans, you can also catch occasional concerts at this spirited spot.
- Situated right in the middle of the city, you'll find the Japanese Friendship Garden, a beautiful and tranquil space. Perfect for a little peace and reflection, the garden contains three ponds full of Koi from Japan. You'll also find picturesque bridges and a tea house.
- To keep the entire family busy for hours, stop into the Children's Discovery Museum of San Jose. Here it's all about play with exhibits that get kids involved in art, nature, bubbles and more. You can look for mammoth fossils and shop in the "market" as well.
- For the animal lovers, enjoy the seven acres comprising the Happy Hollow Park and Zoo. Here you'll see redwood, oak and pine trees alongside fun play areas and rides. Within the zoo, you can explore both the Zoo on the Hill and the Zoo in the Hollow and see animals of every kind.
- Another unique feature of San Jose is that it has a river running through it. The Guadalupe River starts here and runs 14 miles northward. Along these waters, you can catch a glimpse of a variety of wildlife, including Chinook salmon during spawning season. There's also a nice, walkable area in downtown San Jose within a dedicated park.
- If you're looking for a taste of the arts, you've got four different theaters to pick from in San Jose. This collection demonstrates the priority the city places on the arts, so make sure to visit one or all of them. You can catch a performance at the San Jose Civic Center, the Center for the Performing Arts, the California Theatre or the Montgomery Theater.
Getaways from San Jose
Perfectly situated in Northern California, San Jose getaways offer you a variety of opportunities. For a little trip to the big city, take an hour-long drive up to San Francisco. Enjoy the city itself or cross over the bay into Muir Woods or Sausalito. For a getaway that involves a lot of wine, Napa Valley is only two hours away. If the beach is calling your name, Santa Cruz and Half Moon Bay aren't far either.
Find Apartments for Rent in San Jose
Finding a new place to live can be a stressful experience. Be sure to use an apartment finder like Apartment Guide to help you locate your next rental property. Whether you're looking for a pet-friendly apartment or simply want an affordable place to live, we'll help you find apartments for rent in San Jose that match your needs.
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About San Jose
What is the average rent in San Jose?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in San Jose?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in San Jose?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in San Jose?
© 2022 Rent Group Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of Rent Group Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of Rent Group Inc. or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email email@example.com.