We are perched up high on a hill overlooking the ocean, bay and downtown San Diego. We are close to all major freeways, shopping, and have the advantage of being tucked away in a wonderful neighborhood.
2-Month, 3-Month, 4-Month, 5-Month, 6-Month, 7-Month, 8-Month, 9-Month, 10-Month, 11-Month, 12-Month, 13-Month, 14-Month, 15-Month, 16-Month, 17-Month, 18-Month
When searching for an apartment to move into, Gables fit our needs perfectly. We have 6 weeks left our 1 year lease and cant stand this place anymore. We find it interesting that our rent is being increased when the vacant units with our floor plan are being advertised for $300 than the increase price.
- Easy access to shops/freeways
- The maintenance staff is wonderful, they will fix an issue within 48 hours!
- it appears that they just replaced the water heater
- No home inspections
- We had an issue with a neighbor with a noisy dog that was remedied almost immediately
- the card readers in the laundry room have been broken since before we moved in April 2017, we contacted the office several times with no resolution.
- One side of the fire pit has been broken since we moved in.
- The gym closes at random hours. Ive attempted to use it at 8pm only to find out it has been closed (amenities close at 11pm).
- They ignore your emails.
- Courtesy patrol doesnt patrol the buildings. I oftentimes see them sitting in the amenity areas
- Quiet hours are not enforced. Drunk, loud people hang out around the fire pit blasting music until 2 am sometimes.
- Cars were getting broken into with no response from management. One resident printed out a flier and put it on everyones door to inform them of the issue. A man tried to steal her car and run her over when he got caught.
- Packages are being stolen from outside peoples doors. Managements response make sure you sign up for parcel pending, which is interesting since we have to pay $35 to use it, but packages are not delivered to the parcel lockers 75% of the time.
- The neighborhood is unsafe. Last month a homeless man was beaten to death with a hammer a block from the complex. This month someone was shot and killed in the shopping center below Gables (could see it all from my living room window).
- U-Hauls and moving vans are parking in the fire lane, making it difficult to pull in.
Everything I liked: Convenience to all of san diego, great views of the Mission beach and ocean beach area, dog friendly, landscape was maintained.
Great place to live and close to all
The place is great, probably will renew my lease for this year will see how financially will be.
On move in everything was clean and ready for me. I had been driving for 3 days coming from Wisconsin and I had discussed with the management team that I would be there late in the day, right after they closed! They told me not to worry they'd leave the key in the apartment and it'd be ready for my move in. It was there and the move in was smooth. In the last couple months I can say I am proud to say that I live at the Gables and I gush to my friends back home about it, especially the ones I'm trying to convince to move here ;-). I have talked with coworkers about how much I love Point Loma and how my apartment is perfect for me! Once I get a few more pieces of furniture I can't wait to have people over to show off the place! The only thing that's a bit of a bummer is guest parking. I would like to have designated guest parking in the lot. That would make this experience even better.