We are perched up high on a hill overlooking the ocean, bay and downtown San Diego. We are close to all major freeways, shopping, and have the advantage of being tucked away in a wonderful neighborhood.
2-Month, 3-Month, 4-Month, 5-Month, 6-Month, 7-Month, 8-Month, 9-Month, 10-Month, 11-Month, 12-Month, 13-Month, 14-Month, 15-Month, 16-Month, 17-Month, 18-Month
Its nice. I really like the staff here. They are always friendly and helpful when we need them. The planes get annoying, but I feel like thats almost every where nice in San Diego. The neighborhood is convenient to many stores on midway and sports arena. I like how close we are the ocean beach. Some of the neighbors here like to party a lot, and on the weekends it gets a little crazy, but the staff is really good about rectifying these situations before they get out of hand.
A lot of navy people live here too.
When searching for an apartment to move into, Gables fit our needs perfectly. We have 6 weeks left our 1 year lease and cant stand this place anymore. We find it interesting that our rent is being increased when the vacant units with our floor plan are being advertised for $300 than the increase price.
- Easy access to shops/freeways
- The maintenance staff is wonderful, they will fix an issue within 48 hours!
- it appears that they just replaced the water heater
- No home inspections
- We had an issue with a neighbor with a noisy dog that was remedied almost immediately
- the card readers in the laundry room have been broken since before we moved in April 2017, we contacted the office several times with no resolution.
- One side of the fire pit has been broken since we moved in.
- The gym closes at random hours. Ive attempted to use it at 8pm only to find out it has been closed (amenities close at 11pm).
- They ignore your emails.
- Courtesy patrol doesnt patrol the buildings. I oftentimes see them sitting in the amenity areas
- Quiet hours are not enforced. Drunk, loud people hang out around the fire pit blasting music until 2 am sometimes.
- Cars were getting broken into with no response from management. One resident printed out a flier and put it on everyones door to inform them of the issue. A man tried to steal her car and run her over when he got caught.
- Packages are being stolen from outside peoples doors. Managements response make sure you sign up for parcel pending, which is interesting since we have to pay $35 to use it, but packages are not delivered to the parcel lockers 75% of the time.
- The neighborhood is unsafe. Last month a homeless man was beaten to death with a hammer a block from the complex. This month someone was shot and killed in the shopping center below Gables (could see it all from my living room window).
- U-Hauls and moving vans are parking in the fire lane, making it difficult to pull in.
Everything I liked: Convenience to all of san diego, great views of the Mission beach and ocean beach area, dog friendly, landscape was maintained.
Great place to live and close to all
The place is great, probably will renew my lease for this year will see how financially will be.