AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
Pasadena Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning in Pasadena
- Apartments with Balcony in Pasadena
- Apartments with Disability Access in Pasadena
- Apartments with Elevator in Pasadena
- Apartments with Extra Storage in Pasadena
- Apartments with Fiber Internet in Pasadena
- Apartments with Fireplace in Pasadena
- Apartments with Fitness Center in Pasadena
- Apartments with Garage in Pasadena
- Apartments with Gated Access in Pasadena
- Apartments with Laundry Facility in Pasadena
- Apartments with Specials & Deals in Pasadena
- Apartments with Swimming Pool in Pasadena
- Apartments with Utilities Included in Pasadena
- Apartments with Virtual Tours in Pasadena
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer Connections in Pasadena
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit in Pasadena
- Furnished Available Apartments in Pasadena
Apartments Near Pasadena
- Fuller Theological Seminary, CA
- North-West College--Pasadena, CA
- Pacific Oaks College, CA
- Caltech, CA
- California Institute of Technology, CA
- Pasadena City College, CA
- Art Center College of Design, CA
- Occidental College, CA
- Sound Master Recording Engineer School, CA
- Platt College--Alhambra, CA
- Institute of Culinary Education, CA
- Alhambra Medical University, CA
Living In Pasadena, CA
Everything to Know About Finding Apartments for Rent in Pasadena, CA
Pasadena is a city northwest of Los Angeles with a population of about 150,000. Young professionals enjoy this area because it's close enough to downtown L.A. without being in the city. With plenty of shopping and dining concentrated in Old Town, residents have a central place to come together to have fun.
With California sunshine, historic buildings and plenty of natural beauty, finding apartments for rent in Pasadena will be a lot of fun.
The Best Neighborhoods to Find Apartments for Rent in Pasadena
While the vibe in Pasadena is friendly and social, what the city really has going for it is how easy it is to get around on foot. You don't have to drive all the time if you pick the right apartment, and that change of pace is pretty nice. These neighborhoods are a great place to start your search for apartments for rent in Pasadena.
- Downtown: If you're looking to be in the center of Pasadena, Downtown is where to go. Tucked into the San Gabriel Valley, you'll have beautiful views, a lot of greenery and of course, flowers. It's also an excellent spot to shop and eat. You can take scenic walks and check out some local art. Downtown, aka Old Town, is always ready to offer up activities to residents.
- Northwest Pasadena: An up-and-coming neighborhood, Northwest Pasadena's community gets involved. You'll find a lot of local organizations that bring everyone together to support the growth of the area. While the overall environment can differ from block to block there are plenty of hidden gems and quiet streets that make this area worth exploring.
- Catalina Villas: A short distance to downtown, Catalina Villas is both classy and family-friendly. Here you'll find affordable eateries, unique nightlife options and one-of-a-kind shops. There's enough excitement to engage every member of the family as well as the younger, single crowd.
- Playhouse District: The cultural center of Pasadena, the Playhouse District hits art and history with an urban vibe. From museums to galleries to independent shops, you'll find a lot of different places to be here. There are more than enough places to eat, as well as an eclectic public art collection on display through wall murals and even painted utility boxes.
- Southeast Pasadena: A pretty large neighborhood, beside the California Institute of Technology, Southeast Pasadena is a friendly, walkable place. In fact, its walkability to just about everything is a big draw for locals to look for homes in this neighborhood.
- Lamanda Park: A vibrant and peaceful neighborhood, Lamanda Park also has a strong retail scene. Only three miles away from Old Town, residents have easy access to everything going on over there. The area is unique and modern, attracting both retirees, younger couples and families.
- Northeast Pasadena: Sitting at the foot of the San Gabriel Mountains, Northeast Pasadena offers residents a mix of outdoor activity and plenty of shopping. The neighborhood is home to the Rose Bowl Flea Market, which is full of vintage gold. There are also local markets and delicious eateries within the area's small, commercial district.
- West Pasadena: Cutting into Old Town a bit, most of West Pasadena is actually to the south of downtown. It's another friendly location in the city with almost everything within walking distance. Residents in this area take maintenance seriously and work hard to keep the neighborhood glowing and growing.
- South Lake: A trendy spot, with plenty of amenities, South Lake is where you'll find a lot of college students. Close to two colleges, this neighborhood is overwhelmed with restaurants and shops, department stores and eclectic businesses. Take a ride on Route 66 (or East Colorado Blvd. as it's known locally) as you enter South Lake and begin looking for apartments for rent in this upscale area.
- Hastings Ranch: While it has a good selection of shops, restaurants and even hiking trails, Hastings Ranch has a unique claim to fame. Each winter, the community goes all out with its holiday lights. People come just to drive through and look at the displays. Even when not celebrating the winter holidays, this neighborhood is another great place to find apartments for rent in Pasadena.
Fun Things to Do in Pasadena
Get ready for some unique fun in Pasadena after you find your apartment for rent. Even the city's parks are more than just hiking trails. Here you'll find access to one-of-a-kind experiences that combine learning with history with outdoor fun.
- It's the location of the much-watched, New Year's Day football game. Visiting the Rose Bowl any other day of the year is fun, but it's the Tournament of Roses parade that's something special to see. Mark your calendar for January 1 now to get a spot on the parade route.
- There are some pretty cool things happening on campus at the California Institute of Technology -- located between East Del Mar Blvd and East California Blvd. Schedule a tour of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory or attend a lecture for insight into the amazing strides happening in science.
- Savor a little Americana and drive onto the infamous Route 66. It's more a photo opp and something to check off the bucket list, but the highway does run through Pasadena, complete with special motels, landmarks and signs.
- If you're looking for a great outdoor space, with a more interactive feel, head to Washington Park. There are drop-in games of basketball, softball, handball and tennis as well as elite outdoor fitness stations to help with your circuit training. There's also a local gardening club associated with the park.
- Play sports, have a picnic or take the kids to the pirate-themed playground. Brookside Park is a favorite outdoor spot for locals. It's also the largest park in the area at 61 acres. There's plenty of space for everyone to enjoy the beautiful SoCal weather.
- While it's technically not in Pasadena, visiting the Mount Wilson Observatory puts you right above the city. It's a pretty great way to see the stars and get a panoramic view of home.
- See true home craftsmanship at The Gamble House. Take a tour of this example of American Arts and Crafts style architecture. You can explore the gardens and the exterior of the home, or go inside to look at its preserved furnishings.
- Take a moment for true tranquility at the Storrier Stearns Japanese Garden. A pond-style stroll garden, you'll discover a 15-foot waterfall and teahouse all on only two acres of land.
- The original home of the gum magnate, Wrigley Mansion is an Italian-Renaissance-style mansion that also serves as the headquarters for the Tournament of Roses. Tour the home and the surrounding gardens which contain more than 1,500 varieties of roses, camellias and annuals.
- If you pass it, make sure to take a photo opp with the Pasadena Cheeseburger Plaque. Commissioned by the Pasadena Chamber of Commerce, the plaque sits where the old Rite Spot was once opened. It claimed to be the "original home of the cheeseburger." While that title is still up for debate, this is a fun stop.
Getaways from Pasadena
Living in Pasadena provides you with easy access to very different types of getaways. If you're looking for movie studios, celebrity-sightings and the Hollywood sign, Los Angeles is right up the highway. For a more laid-back trip, head South. You'll have plenty of locations throughout Orange County to pick from. In either direction though, the beach is never far away.
Find Apartments for Rent in Pasadena
Finding a new place to live can be a stressful experience. Be sure to use an apartment finder like Apartment Guide to help you locate your next rental property. Whether you're looking for a pet-friendly apartment or simply want an affordable place to live, we'll help you find apartments for rent in Pasadena that match your needs.
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About Pasadena
What is the average rent in Pasadena?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in Pasadena?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in Pasadena?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in Pasadena?
© 2022 Rent Group Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of Rent Group Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of Rent Group Inc. or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email email@example.com.