Made my grandmother moved from California to Arizona and she is amazed with price and neat work.
So here is my review of this apartment complex after living there for almost a year. I was up on the third floor, very thin walls and floors, the ac had issues, poorly painted rooms and stapled down carpet. Water was constantly shut off, sometimes even without notice at least once a week. But my BIGGEST issue is how unprofessional these people are.
So, I discussed with Johnathan when turning in my keys that I would be charged a $65 carpet cleaning fee and an additional cleaning fee if the apartment if left messy. Cool, I spent the day before scrubbing the kitchen and bathroom, sweeping etc. The carpet might need deeper cleaning because we wore shoes inside to avoid stepping on lose staples, so I expected a charge for that.
When I logged into my portal after moving out and saw they were keeping my deposit of $300, I didnt even fight it because you know what whatever nobody gets their deposits back nowadays.
Fast forward 5 months Im getting phone calls and emails from DEBT COLLECTORS from unpaid damage from Montelano.
I have never received ANYTHING in the mail from Montelano. My boyfriend is also getting calls from debt collectors, he NEVER received anything as well. I confirmed with Johnathan what my forwarding address was, I even have proof of him confirming my new address via email. I even changed my address with USPS, I have proof of that too. They have my email, phone number and new address and yet they never sent a notice. I had to call and ask Christopher at Montelano to explain to me why they sent me to collections without ever sending a notice and he even said, and I quote personally I would have given you a call or something and I asked for a manager and she was too busy to talk. Isabelle was nice enough to email me though, an itemized bill of whatever she sent to collections. Funny that it says in the fine print of what she emailed me that if you did not provide a forwarding address bill will be sent to previous address which is my parents house an
The people are nice but honestly this is the worst place Ive ever lived in. Apart from the water being shut down at least 3 times a week, the apartment was very dirty when I receieved it. It was obviously not cleaned in months and when I would have an issue it would take multiple reports to even take care of it or it wouldnt get taken care of at all. They would never leave a note the only reason I noticed one time when they came in was because they left a mess in the bathroom. When I left I had an issue with a leaking in the ceiling that never got taken care of even though I reported it multiple times. Overall a terrible experience would not recommend
This place is NOT smoke free. The leasing agent did not disclose this information. When we walked into the apartment to move in, the smell was HORRIBLE. DO NOT move in here if you are sensitive to the smell of cigarette smoke that is imbedded in the walls. The property manager said he would work with us, then turned around and said, Sorry, gotta pay all the fees to get out of the lease even though no one ever actually lived there (have been staying else where) and we were never informed of the smoking policy of the property.
Disclaimer: This is not my review but i agree with this
1. You will move into a apartment that was not cleaned before you move in. Literally it will be dirty from the last person that lived in the complex, when I moved in dirt covered the bathtub, appliances were not plugged in. Lint covered the washer dryer area, paint stains were all over the floor and stains were on the walls as well as carpet. (Literally WTF!). When I commented on this they told me they would clean the floors which they never did (Great Start).
2. On a weekly basis there is no water. Hot water is constantly not working so they have to turn off water to fix it. Literally happens on a weekly basis.
3. Your appliances will constantly be broken. Dishwasher, Oven, A/C you name it. When you put in a work request they will "fix it", by fix it they are putting a bandage on a problem and it will later break again usually within days. They do not replace the appliance. My A/C has been broken almost the entire 15 months I have been here. I have put in multiple requests and they "fix it" just for it to break usually around 2 days later. In other words, good luck. I have given up on having them fix things as it is a complete waste of time.
4. People will constantly steal your parking spot and management does nothing about it. There is not enough parking here and it ends up with everyone stealing each others spots for a spot to park since management does not enforce their parking rules.
5. I have talked to management multiple times, submitted feedback, surveys, you name it. And with each one the response is. "I am sorry you feel that way" or "That is not our problem". In other words Capilano Properties does not care in any regards about the problems you may have. You are just a tenant that is expendable to them. If you leave, oh well there are other people that will move
Montelano offers quality and comfort in Phoenix, AZ. We offer eight different floor plans and exceptional amenities with recent upgrades. Work up a sweat at our fitness center, or cool down in our beautiful pool surrounded by palm trees. Spend time with family and friends in the recreation area - think grills and bean bag toss - next to our new playground and basketball court. For your convenience, we provide reserved, covered parking and a controlled access gate. To learn more about life at Montelano, make an appointment by submitting your details on the Contact Us page (top right). You'll feel at home in no time.
6-Month, 7-Month, 8-Month, 9-Month, 10-Month, 11-Month, 12-Month, 13-Month
6 - 15 Month Leases
Open until 2:00pm
© 2020 RentPath, LLC. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath, LLC. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath, LLC or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.