1. Home
  2. Alaska
  3. Palmer
  4. Apartments for rent in Palmer, AK

61 Apartments Available
1 - 20 of 61 Apartments< Previous Page Next Page >

LOCAL GUIDE

See what Palmer, AK has to offer
View Local Guide

All About

Living In Palmer, AK

A small town located in Alaska, Palmer has approximately 7,000 residents. Families with young children are a common sight, as kids under 5 account for an above-average 9% of the population, while retirees appear in smaller numbers. Just 30% of residents rent in Palmer, as home ownership is common in the town. With a relatively low average rent of $1,104 a month in the town, renting remains an affordable option, particularly compared to other cities in Alaska. Each month, renters in Palmer will save around $187 compared to the state average.

Palmer residents have an average commute of about 33 minutes, slower than the state average of about 20 minutes. Driving is the prevailing way to get to work, chosen by 37% of workers, while public transit isn't widely used. Few commuters walk to work.

Among Palmer residents older than 25, 9% have a Bachelor's degree and 5% possess a Master's or Doctoral degree. There are two primary industries in Palmer: healthcare and retail. Together, these industries make up 14% of the town's workforce. Meanwhile, looking at job function, many residents work in sales, which ranks as the top profession in the town. Palmer workers earn an average annual income of almost $84,000, about $5,000 less than their peers elsewhere in the state. However, Palmer compares more favorably to the national average of $73,345.


Frequently Asked Questions About Palmer

Looking for a cheap Palmer apartment?

For the best deal, we recommend using our cheap apartments filter.

How Many Bedrooms Do You Need?

Are you living by yourself, with your family, or do you have roommates? Choose the number of bedrooms that match your needs: Studio, 1 Bedroom, 2 Bedroom, 3 Bedroom.

How Can I Tour Virtually During Covid19 & Social Distancing?

You can virtually tour any apartment by using our Palmer, AK Virtual Tours filter. All properties in this filter contain either a 3d tour or a video tour.

Do you need a pet-friendly Palmer apartment?

If you have a dog or cat, you'll need to find an apartment in Palmer that accepts pets. Apply Apartment Guide's pet friendly filter to see only Palmer apartments that accept pets. Remember to read the apartment's specific guidelines for acceptable pet breeds and weights if applicable.
Artboard

© 2020 RentPath, LLC. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of RentPath, LLC. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of RentPath, LLC or its affiliates.

Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.

Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.

Download the ApartmentGuide.com app for Android and iOS