AT&T Fiber (SM) Internet
Birmingham Apartment Features
- Apartments with Air Conditioning in Birmingham
- Apartments with Balcony in Birmingham
- Apartments with Disability Access in Birmingham
- Apartments with Elevator in Birmingham
- Apartments with Extra Storage in Birmingham
- Apartments with Fiber Internet in Birmingham
- Apartments with Fireplace in Birmingham
- Apartments with Fitness Center in Birmingham
- Apartments with Garage in Birmingham
- Apartments with Gated Access in Birmingham
- Apartments with Laundry Facility in Birmingham
- Apartments with Specials & Deals in Birmingham
- Apartments with Swimming Pool in Birmingham
- Apartments with Utilities Included in Birmingham
- Apartments with Virtual Tours in Birmingham
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer Connections in Birmingham
- Apartments with Washer and Dryer In Unit in Birmingham
- Furnished Available Apartments in Birmingham
- Birmingham Apartment Deals
- Apartments with under $1000 in Birmingham
- Apartments with under $1100 in Birmingham
- Apartments with under $1200 in Birmingham
- Apartments with under $1300 in Birmingham
- Apartments with under $1400 in Birmingham
- Apartments with under $1500 in Birmingham
- Apartments with under $2000 in Birmingham
- Apartments with under $600 in Birmingham
- Apartments with under $700 in Birmingham
- Apartments with under $800 in Birmingham
- Apartments with under $900 in Birmingham
- Apartments near Public Transportation in Birmingham
- Cheap Apartments in Birmingham
- Income Restricted Apartments in Birmingham
- Loft Layout Apartments in Birmingham
- Luxury Apartments in Birmingham
- Pet Friendly Apartments in Birmingham
- Senior Living Apartments in Birmingham
- Short Term Apartments in Birmingham
Apartments Near Birmingham
Living In Birmingham, AL
Everything to Know About Finding Apartments for Rent in Birmingham, AL
With a nickname like the "Dinner Table of the South," you know you'll get some good food when you find an apartment for rent in Birmingham. From barbecue joints to global restaurants, you'll feel the influence of the American South as you eat your way through this city.
But Birmingham is about more than food. As a hub of activity during the Civil Rights Movement, Birmingham's deep place in history gets displayed throughout town. And when it's time to play, Birmingham is a great place to catch live music, play a round of golf and so much more.
The Best Neighborhoods to Find Apartments for Rent in Birmingham
Birmingham neighborhoods offer a lot of personality, beauty, history and fun. Each one has its own character, showcasing it is so much more than a typical Southern town. If it's time for you to find an apartment for rent in Birmingham, start your search in these neighborhoods and see which one is right for you.
- Southside: With a trendy vibe and plenty of things to do, Southside is where it's at. This densely-populated part of Birmingham is on the northeast side of the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Students flock to the area even though it's considered one of the city's oldest neighborhoods. There's also plenty of opportunity for healthcare professionals as the home of Children's of Alabama and the UAB Hospital.
- Downtown: The fast-paced part of this genteel city, Downtown Birmingham is full of great spots for fun, culture and food. With a happening nightlife and plenty of professional opportunities, you'll live an active, dynamic life in this neighborhood that's not without the area's characteristic Southern charm.
- Highland Park: A well-established, historic neighborhood, Highland Park is one of the prettiest spots in Birmingham. The hilly streets are lined with trees outside historic mansions, office buildings and apartments. Living here means you'll have access to the arts, several parks and great coffee houses. You'll also be close to the oldest golf course in Alabama.
- Five Points South: Wrapping around the University of Alabama at Birmingham, Five Points South is the city's foodie neighborhood. Another historic district, you'll find James Beard Award-winning restaurants among other bars and eateries. The energetic student vibe blends into the huge variety of entertainment options as well. You'll find shops, coffee houses and a variety of festivals and events throughout the year.
- Crestwood: Full of fun and convenience, Crestwood offers an eclectic mix of shops and restaurants. With a public pool in the local park, summers are never boring. A family-friendly community, with plenty of activities you can walk to, this is a great area to call home.
- West End: Home to Birmingham's first neighborhood, one of the most impressive things to see in the West End is actually a cemetery. Elmwood Cemetery is 412 acres. It's the final resting place of a variety of innovators and significant personalities. Living here you'll find a strong sense of community as locals come together for green initiatives and other projects.
- Forest Park: Located on the northern side of Red Mountain, Forest Park has plenty of architectural charm. It's perfect for those who want a neighborhood that has both urban and suburban charm. You can catch a glimpse of the Birmingham skyline or hit up the little downtown area to visit local shops, restaurants and green space.
- Red Mountain: With beautiful homes and funky restaurants, Red Mountain is one of the coolest neighborhoods in Birmingham. You'll find plenty of shops, breweries, hangout spots and many parks and green spaces. A tight-knit community gives this area a friendly vibe, and the diversity of the residents brings a variety of people coming together along the tree-lined sidewalks. This historic neighborhood is also pretty to look at since residents take pride in the appearance of their homes and yards.
- East Lake: A primarily residential community, East Lake offers locals a few shops and attractions to entice them out and about. The biggest hangout spot is the lake and its surrounding park, but there's also Ruffner Mountain, which has the best sunsets in the city.
- Titusville: Divided into North and South communities, Titusville is only minutes from downtown. A strong sense of community is prevalent here thanks to the area's rich history and its large park, where large groups love to gather. It's also home to the Golden Flake snack food factory.
Fun Things to Do in Birmingham
Birmingham is an active city in every sense of the world. Whether you want to learn about its history, see some sports, hit up a museum or just relax in nature, you'll find everything here.
- Also known as "The Old Gray Lady," Legion Field is a great place for sports fans. Mostly home to college football, it's also a big soccer venue. It even hosted matches during the 1996 Olympics.
- Take a stroll through the campus at the University of Alabama at Birmingham and its surrounding areas. You'll get a taste of collegiate life exploring the campus buildings before grabbing a seat at a nearby bar to relax.
- Looking for a huge park? Red Mountain Park consists of 1,500 acres and encompasses over four miles. Walking through this urban park, you'll see closed-up mines and other historical artifacts to remind you of the industrial history of the city.
- Overlooking city hall, another urban park in Birmingham is Linn Park. Spend some time among these seven acres checking out the many monuments and water features while sticking close to the city center.
- You'll know you're in the Vulcan Park and Museum when greeted by the massive statue of the Roman god of fire. A symbol of the city's iron origins, the area boasts great views of the city with an interactive history museum.
- To spend time outside and learn about the industrial and artistic heritage of Birmingham, visit Railroad Park. This is a perfect spot to go and learn with the entire family or attend a special event or concert.
- To get a taste for the intricate history that took place in the city, head to the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute on 16th Street. This interpretive museum and research center goes deep into the struggles that took place during the Civil Rights Movement and helps teach people of any age about this important time in our country's history.
- On 19th Street North, you'll find the McWane Science Center. It's a state-of-the-art science center, aquarium and IMAX Theater. With the mission to "spark wonder and curiosity," the science center offers up hands-on learning that lets people see, hear and touch.
- With over 67 acres of greenery, you can visit the Birmingham Botanical Gardens for a tranquil experience within the bustling city. Take a break looking for apartments for rent in Birmingham to see 30 different thematic gardens that highlight native plants, those that represent particular aspects of human culture and more.
- It's always fun to spend time with the animals when you need a break from the daily grind. At the Birmingham Zoo you'll see many of the usual zoo-based critters, but also find interesting additions like a Sand Cat, hissing cockroaches and a brush-tailed rat kangaroo. These are just a few of the 700 animals and 230 different species you'll see during your visit to the zoo.
Getaways from Birmingham
Plenty of nearby cities make for great getaways from Birmingham. You're pretty close to places like Nashville, for some great music and a fun night out, or Atlanta for some great shopping and a variety of good eats.
If the coast is calling you, Gulf Shores is only a little more than four hours away. Rent a beach house and spend a long weekend relaxing along the Gulf Coast. In Birmingham, you're perfectly situated to head out for a fun getaway in any direction.
Find Apartments for Rent in Birmingham
Finding a new place to live can be a stressful experience. Be sure to use an apartment finder like Apartment Guide to help you locate your next rental property. Whether you're looking for a pet-friendly apartment or simply want an affordable place to live, we'll help you find apartments for rent in Birmingham that match your needs.
LIST YOUR PROPERTY FOR RENT
Frequently Asked Questions About Birmingham
What is the average rent in Birmingham?
What is the average cost of rent for a one-bedroom in Birmingham?
Are there any cheap apartments for rent in Birmingham?
Are there any pet friendly apartments in Birmingham?
© 2022 Rent Group Inc. All rights reserved. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of Rent Group Inc. APARTMENT GUIDE and the APARTMENT GUIDE Trade Dress are registered trademarks of Rent Group Inc. or its affiliates.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Information is copyrighted and school data provided by GreatSchools.org. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Schools listed above are based on distance from the selected location and are just a sampling of the schools in the area. To find a particular school district, and how it relates to a specific apartment, please contact the apartment manager.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having difficulty reading this website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.