ApartmentGuide.com is a technology platform owned and operated by Consumer Source Holdings LLC, a subsidiary of RentPath, LLC ("RentPath"). The rental advertisements and related services accessed on ApartmentGuide.com or through its tools, applications or services ("ApartmentGuide.com") are procured and provided by RentPath and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, "Apartment Guide" or "we", "our" or "us").
- personal and contact information such as name, email address, postal address, telephone number and social security number;
- move-in date and demographic information such as location, gender, age, marital status, occupation, the type of device through which you access the Website and/or App, and other personal and lifestyle information;
- self-reported income and/or credit score information;
- financial information such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- additional information we may ask you to send or questions we may ask you to answer to verify your identity (such as your driver's license, credit card statement, and/or a recent utility bill or other information confirming your address);
- logs, contact information and other information about the communications between the past, present or potential renters ("Renters") and the past, present or potential lessors ("Lessors") using our or our affiliated companies' communications tools (see Section 5. Communications and Communication Tools; Property Contact Forms below);
- guest card and Renter Card information that you provide;
- lease terms, lease parties and other transactional information;
- information automatically collected by cookies and web beacons on your computer; and
- information based on your interactions with ApartmentGuide.com or the Other Sites and their advertising, such as search information, computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to, from and within ApartmentGuide.com or Other Sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information.
We may also collect information about your computer or other access device to mitigate risk and for fraud prevention purposes.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request, including confirming emails related to Apartment Guide's services, reminders and transactions.
- contact and communicate with Lessors.
- resolve disputes, collect fees and troubleshoot problems.
- customize your experience and otherwise measure and improve Apartment Guide's services.
- send you relevant residential real estate related listings via email, phone, text messaging or push notification on your phone (provided you have not opted out of such communications).
- deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers. (If we use your personal information to market to you, you will be able to opt-out of such communications; see below under Section 5. Communications and Communications Tools and Section 6. Cookies.)
- make payments to third parties through the Website or the App, should you choose to do so.
- request your review of a property.
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
- measure consumer interest in our products and services.
- summarize your information (including personal information) that you provided to us or our affiliates.
- help promote a safe service and detect and prevent error, fraud and other potentially prohibited or illegal activity.
- enforce our agreements, terms, conditions, and policies, and send you notices and alerts.
- provide services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- prepare aggregated data, including for general marketing and analytical purposes.
- Other third parties whose services you agree to use (e.g., online rent payment services), with regard to whom you have expressed interest or initiated communication through Property Contact Forms (See Section 5 Communications and Communications Tools), and with whom you have authorized us to share your personal information. (The information we disclose in this way will be subject to those third parties' privacy policies.)
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, invoicing, telecommunication and call monitoring services, rewards programs, co-branded credit cards, etc.).
We reserve the right to use in any manner and disclose any non-personal information that we collect including cookie and traffic data. Logs, recordings, and other information related to communication between you and third parties in connection with the services and/or other uses and purposes mentioned herein may be stored, maintained and/or divulged to those third parties by us on an individual basis or in the aggregate. Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
5. Communications and Communication Tools.
Apartment Guide communicates with users, and facilitates communications between users, in a variety of ways, including but not limited to:
Property Contact Forms. We make tools available that facilitate communications between Renters and Lessors by phone or email. When these tools are used, we may collect certain information related to the communication, like email addresses, contact logs, calling number, call duration, contents of the email communication, and (when notified during the call) call recordings. We may share this information with Lessors so they can manage their communications with Renters, and we will use this information to enforce our rights to collect fees payable by Lessors.
Email preferences. We provide all users with the opportunity to opt out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from us. To remove your contact information from ApartmentGuide.com lists and newsletters, you can either (i) send a request via the "Comments" feature and by typing "unsubscribe" in the "Additional Comments" section, or (ii) click on the "unsubscribe" link that is included at the bottom of any Apartment Guide email you receive.
We or our service providers may place cookies or web beacons on your computer when you visit portions of ApartmentGuide.com. We use permanent cookies to provide personalized features, such as automatically logging you into your personalized home page and to deliver customized services, content, and advertising. We use session cookies, which are deleted when you log out of ApartmentGuide.com or browse to a different website, to monitor and improve the functionality and usability of the Website. You can block our cookies by changing the settings on your browser (contact your ISP for help), but doing so may prevent us from delivering certain services to you.
We may use third-party advertising companies such as Cross Pixel Media, DoubleClickor Yahoo! to serve ads on our and our advertising partners' behalf. These companies may employ cookies and web beacons to deliver advertising and measure its effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and web beacons is completely anonymous. Please visit the Cross Pixel Media, DoubleClick or Yahoo! websites for more information about how to "opt-out" of cookies
7. Third Parties.
8. Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information.
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by logging into ApartmentGuide.com and editing your account. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts in order to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees wed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms of Service, and for purposes otherwise permitted by law.
9. Account Protection.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your ApartmentGuide.com password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Apartment Guide and change your password.
Your information (other than credit card information) is stored on our servers located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use many tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from ApartmentGuide.com. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
The Website and the App are intended solely for use by persons 13 years of age or older. If you are under the age of 13, you may not use the Website, App or other services, or contribute any information to us.
12. Notice to California Residents
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
Questions regarding this policy should be directed to the following address:
Attn: General Counsel
950 East Paces Ferry Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30326
or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated May 14, 2015