Appalachian State University is located in Boone, North Carolina, a cozy town in the state’s northwestern corner, surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains. With about 20,000 undergraduates and postgraduates participating in student living, Appalachian State University is the state’s sixth largest institution of higher learning. The school got its start in 1899 as a teache education institute, and has developed into the comprehensive, public university that students enjoy today. Student housing at App State provides a comfortable living situation and allows students to take advantage of the many outdoor activities that the mountainous terrain provides. The Blue Ridge Mountains, which loom over the campus and the nearby university apartments, are accessible for snowboarding, skiing, tubing, rock climbing, hiking, rafting, camping and fishing.
Academically, Appalachian State University has been ranked in the top 10 Southern Master’s Universities by the U.S. News and World Report, for more than 20 years, and in 2001, the school was recognized as a College of the Year by Time Magazine. Students are able to enroll in any of 99 undergraduate programs and 68 postgraduate courses of study that are offered through seven colleges and schools, and one graduate school. Student living is also enhanced by the presence of nearly a dozen research centers and institutes, including the Appalachian Energy Center, the Institute for Health and Human Sciences, and the Center for Entrepreneurship. For those in off campus housing, the school offer offers off campus programs, allowing many non-traditional students to maintain careers while earning a degree.
A university apartment near Appalachian State University allows students to enjoy the calm atmosphere and local events in Boone, North Carolina, throughout the year. For example, the Appalachian Summer Festival, hosted by the university, has been named one of the Top 20 Events in the Southeast by the Southeast Tourism Society.
Looking for apartments near Appalachian State University in Boone, North Carolina? Look no further than ApartmentGuide.com to find Appalachian State University apartments for rent and learn more about this neighborhood.
We have 43 apartments for rent in Appalachian State University, North Carolina
- Apartment Features:Air Conditioning, Cable Ready, Dishwasher, Washer & Dryer Connections, Garbage Disposal, Patio, Refrigerator
- Community Features:Emergency Maintenance, Laundry Facility, Pet Friendly
- Additional Features:Frost Free Refrigerator, Mini blinds or Traverse rods, Wall to wall carpeting, Spacious patios, Laundry facilities, Co-signers allowed, Washer/dryer connections in select units
- Apartment Features:Air Conditioning, Alarm, Cable Ready, Dishwasher, Hardwood Flooring, Internet Included, Island Kitchens, Microwave, New/Renovated Interior, Oversized Closets, Smoke Free, Some Paid Utilities, Stainless Steel Appliances, Vaulted Ceilings, View, Washer & Dryer In Unit
- Community Features:Accepts Electronic Payments, Business Center, Campus Shuttle, Clubhouse, Emergency Maintenance, Fitness Center, High Speed Internet Access, Hot Tub, Individual Leases, Public Transportation, Swimming Pool, Wireless Internet Access, Conference Room, Pet Friendly
- Additional Features:STUDENT HOUSING, 2 Study/Meeting Areas, Steam Room, Tuesday: Zumba, Wednesday: Pilates, Friday: Yoga, Billiards and Ping Pong, Fire Pits, Stainless Steel Grilling Area, Tanning Beds, Sauna